ADVERTISEMENT

Are You Ready for Some Football

Silver King

Nov 29, 2002
Punta Gorda
What a slate today. You can tell college football is in the air; Stanford and UCLA are being touted to take the always overhyped Pac 12 with the Bruins an early favorite for the Heisman at Q.

Bama is ranked 1, and Big Disappointment Bob's Oklahoma is ranked in some Top 5s.

Houston could roll with their schedule.

Interesting to see what the Fl schools do.

Think about it, we'll pick Top 4 next week

Blame the two party system on this: Media manipulation of the (m)asses.

SK realizes he's not LAZ (who provides a scientifc based rating service that SK enjoys). But, when it comes to College Football SK got some observations.

Remember when SK, after the SEC was finally dethrowned a year or so from wiining consecutive National Titles, was still saying the SEC was most dominant conference and would return? Most of those flash in the pan team's fans have since gone back to cricketville.

Let's move on

SK understands that the professional peseason (nose) pickers are getting a paycheck by the networks, magazine or newspaper and have to assure an audience for those check writers for the services they provide.

SK sees how every year teams from the midwest and west coast have to be hyped hard so people will be interested in the hunt. Not that there aren;t some great teams from those regions, but usually not the ones picked. Like College Football today had a story about the Miichigan coach having the Bama coach on his bucket list to beat (Now, shouldn't the Michigan Coach maybe beat the Ohio State Coach first before they go there?).

Now to what SK was eluding to above: Oklahoma at #3 (Seriously?) just got run by Houston by 10 (More if not for a late score). Bob Stoopes usually takes a little longer to be exposed than the first game when he's Top 10.

Bama had to be #1 as defending champ, although SK doesn't see them repeating. Isn't it great that college football is back?

Reactions: anon_00zx5879k0jmw
If they don't start using their brains, LSU will lose also. They just tried to tackle a Wisconsin runner and instead pushed him to a first down. That's not how we play SEC football!

Bad day for the Stoops and bad day for the SEC. LSU can not get back on track; they're supposed to compete with Bama but Fornet hasn't been the same since the Bama game and the O-line isn't looking very good. Les is going to be dealing with the boosters again right out of the blocks. Miss State; ouch. Not much offense in the league.

Anyway, enjoyed the day - looking forward to the rest of the weekend's games but it goes to show you rankings don't matter too much this time of year when Top 10 teams are coming out there with a ranking based on last year and most of the key players that built that team gone or in the NFL.

MM, yes that hit by LSU, and the stomp by the LB from SC another ejection, or how about the Bama D-Back melt down they caught? Going to be a long year if that's any indication. And an O-lineman doing it, damn.

LSU cannot get on track with Harris, noway...They can do better with the backup and Les Miles may end his LSU career sticking with Harris...

See what I was saying in my endless post above:

Most ever ranked teams to lose in NCAA history (One will lose tonight too).

You can't predict with much certainty what a new QB and new RB or new O-line, or a couple of defenders missing from a Defense will do to a team, no matter how it finished the year before. Why? Because it's a TEAM SPORT.

Reactions: anon_00zx5879k0jmw
I was hoping FSU would win, like you I'd rather see in state teams win over other teams. I'm a Gator Fan. But one thing is for certain with a lot of high scoring games this past weekend only means a lot of teams don't have a defense IMHO!!!!!

Reactions: peezy28
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT