ADVERTISEMENT

Another U of F Coach is Gone!

Florida and Florida State should never have down years. They may not win a ring every year, but they should be competitive with the top of their conference and top 10 teams every year.

Reactions: peezy28
Good luck finding that guy who can not only get them back to the conference title game, let alone beat Alabama, cause he's a sure sought after commodity.

Good luck finding that guy who can not only get them back to the conference title game, let alone beat Alabama, cause he's a sure sought after commodity.

I see your reading comprehension hasn't gotten any better.

"Competitive with the top of their conference and be a top 10 team every year."

If you accept less than that from two programs that could recruit top 10 classes by the US Postal service, then you're just making excuses for them.

Like I say, good luck finding that guy, they're everywhere out there aren't they? Remember these are the same people who hired Ron Zook.

I'm so tired of people thinking a team must win everything every single year. Yes, McElwain had issues with his offense but that could have been fixed. Who will they get next? I don't know but I hope whoever lasts long than a few years. This is bad for recruiting and success!
https://www.usatoday.com/story/spor...rida-parts-ways-coach-jim-mcelwain/811328001/

He did win... but UF is used to higher standards... So being Bama's whooping dog each year was simply not enough. Also had they been losing to Bama but he turned the offense around and developed a QB he would still have a job. The problem is he did nothing with the offense it looked the same if not worse than with Muschamp.

Florida and Florida State should never have down years. They may not win a ring every year, but they should be competitive with the top of their conference and top 10 teams every year.

I agree completely. I used to joke with my gator friends that we would never be 4-8ers... Well Karma is a nasty B**** There is only one more truly winnable game. I think UF will beat us this year too they have more to fight for since we currently own the streak.

I see your reading comprehension hasn't gotten any better.

"Competitive with the top of their conference and be a top 10 team every year."

If you accept less than that from two programs that could recruit top 10 classes by the US Postal service, then you're just making excuses for them.

Again I agree completely.

I hear Randy Shannon will be the interim coach. Will he even be considered for the head coaching job?

I know! I was actually jealous of FSU that had Bobby Bowden for so many years.

Miami went through a lot of coaches, also. It didn't help them either.

Reactions: Silver King
I'm so tired of people thinking a team must win everything every single year. Yes, McElwain had issues with his offense but that could have been fixed. Who will they get next? I don't know but I hope whoever lasts long than a few years. This is bad for recruiting and success!
https://www.usatoday.com/story/spor...rida-parts-ways-coach-jim-mcelwain/811328001/

I’m sorry but Mac had three years and he wouldn’t fire his buddy OC Nuss who was in fact a huge factor… The offense has gotten worse every year he was there and like Strickland said it wasnt ALL about wins and losses, MAC open his mouth when he shouldn’t have and he did things with first authorization from the admin… He sowed what he reaped…

A program like Florida should pick the guy they want and pay him what it takes to get him here. They have the funds and have gotten it wrong for far too long.

A program like Florida should pick the guy they want and pay him what it takes to get him here. They have the funds and have gotten it wrong for far too long.

They just need somebody who can get the job done any be here at least 10 years…and quit giving pay raises whenever they are not earned… that was the worse ever decision the admins ever did…

I agree about the pay raises! They paid Mac way too much compared to what he was previously making and then gave him raises on top of that.

I kind of assumed the OC was the issue and I have no idea why he made the comments about death threats. Kind of weird.

So do they promote another lower tier coach or hire one that had just been fired? I bet Lane Kiffin would jump at the chance (not that I want him at Florida). Les Miles is available. Too bad they missed getting Charlie Strong. Any possibilities?

Charlie Strong has been shitted on one to many times by the University of Florida and I think is at the right place now.

I strongly feel it will either be Taggart or Frost. As a long shot maybe Kelly but that is a little more ego to handle.

Who in their right mind would ever take that job. Meyer (who is winning at another school) faked a heart attack to great out of that gig. Muschamp got fired and is now winning at USC. Zook committed career suicide there. Strong went there got canned and now is 7-1 at UCF. No way I'm taking that snakepit job

Who in their right mind would ever take that job. Meyer (who is winning at another school) faked a heart attack to great out of that gig. Muschamp got fired and is now winning at USC. Zook committed career suicide there. Strong went there got canned and now is 7-1 at UCF. No way I'm taking that snakepit job

Florida needs a HCthat will come in destroy all previous playbooks and start from scratch. Maccame to Florida and didn’t have feelings a think offensively from prior Muschamps and I bet Mac and Nuss used his playbook. They need to start over and the HC doesn’t need to make promises and needs to take it slow, build the program. People wouldn’t be upset one bit if they went 6-6 his first year they just want to see an offense that they have had since 2008

Hardee .... they didn't use his playbook
... it was Mcs.. If y'all woulda paid attention you would've seen he ran the same pro style offense at Bama and CSU.... So does Jimbo to be honest. He just was lucky to have a few good qbs and RBs. You see what happens this year when that all goes away coupled with a bad oline

Hire Mike Leach. Get a QB that can throw Y-Cross and Nick Saban DB's that can cover (and burn those stupid uniforms they broke out a few weeks ago)

Build it slow will get you fired at UF.

There ain't no need to build it slow.

ONE year of your own recruits and Florida should be back in the top 10.

Run an exciting enough offense to lure in the five stars from this state and you'll be back playing for championships.

How long did it take Spurrier, Smart Guy? How long did it take Urb?

Zook? Bad hire. Muschamp? Bad hire at Florida. McElwain? Pro style balanced offense. Bad hire

Get a big time COLLEGE offensive guy and turn him loose with the best recruits in the nation.

That's why they should break the bank for Scott Frost.

Reactions: Dan in Daytona
Jimbo was doing it for a while but got distracted. Taylor Jacobs can cause that to happen. Besides he hasn't turn over his staff enough.

Richt will do a nice job at Miami, but you can sink a ship with nice guys.

You may be right oh Grand Pooh Ba of the obvious, but those are two of the Top coaches in NCAA history. It's supply and demand; there are too many programs that are looking.

The best thing they did was get in the hunt early. I like it when all the Fl schools are hitting on all cyclinders.

How long did it take Spurrier, Smart Guy? How long did it take Urb?

Zook? Bad hire. Muschamp? Bad hire at Florida. McElwain? Pro style balanced offense. Bad hire

Get a big time COLLEGE offensive guy and turn him loose with the best recruits in the nation.

That's why they should break the bank for Scott Frost.

I agree Frost should be the top choice!!!

I'm pretty sure you meant USF

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT