ADVERTISEMENT

A bit of Big Ten History: "Floyd of Rosedale"

Neutral 0bserver

Sep 6, 2002
When Minnesota lost to Iowa on Saturday, Floyd of Rosedale, a 98 pound trophy featuring a bronze pig, stayed in Iowa City and will remain there for at least another 12 months.

floyd-of-rosedale-.jpg

The Gophers and Hawkeyes have now played each other 135 times. Playing for the right to possess Floyd of Rosedale until the two teams next met originated in 1935, but the trophy wasn't created until 1936. What did the two teams play for in 1935 if there was no trophy to put in a cabinet?

They played for a real pig ... otherwise known as a "damned hog"!

Who came up with the idea of a bronze pig? Truly a stupid question! Had to be the person who had to clean up all the hog $hit.

You are just upset because while most Big Ten rivalries have interesting trophies that the winners of that game gets to take home for a year, Ohio State has not trophy-rivalry game. (That I know of.)

Is this a test? I didn't mention Michigan. You did. Just Google "Big Ten Rivalry Trophies" and you'll learn something new today.

Why don't you just tell me old man? Since you like flapping your gums about everything else, what don't you just tell me what trophy that the Buckeyes play a rival for every year?

Yeah, I figured you would have no answer. Let me guess, The Woody Hayes punch opposing players when they get an interception trophy? The let's make a movie about a 70 year-old man kicking an 80 year field goal to win the National Championship in the 1975 fantasy movie Return to Campus trophy?

The whole Morph thing has gotten terribly old and not funny any more......

Go Canes Go!

Yeah, I figured you would have no answer.
You said I was upset because Ohio State doesn't play in a rivalry game that involves a trophy which goes home with the winner. I said that's not the case and suggested you use Google to discover the truth.

Most readers probably spent the 20-30 seconds required to uncover the facts and know that you're wrong.

At this point you're not only looking foolish, but obstinate to boot. Have a nice day!

You said I was upset because Ohio State doesn't play in a rivalry game that involves a trophy which goes home with the winner. I said that's not the case and suggested you use Google to discover the truth.

Most readers probably spent the 20-30 seconds required to uncover the facts and know that you're wrong.

At this point you're not only looking foolish, but obstinate to boot. Have a nice day!
Since you had to bring up the Floyd of Rosedale trophy, and have a smart-aleck remark about the trophy, I made a comment in jest about you being upset about Ohio State not having a rivalry trophy, that I am aware of. You stated that I was incorrect, so I asked you to tell me what rivalry trophy the Buckeyes play for. A decent response would have been just to answer my question, but no you have to bring up checking on Google. I would prefer if you would just tell me what the trophy is instead of checking on Google. Why is it so hard for you to just answer my question?

Why couldn't you just spend 20-30 seconds to Google the answer?

To other readers: If you're getting bored with this, imagine being in my shoes.

Why couldn't you just spend 20-30 seconds to Google the answer?

To other readers: If you're getting bored with this, imagine being in my shoes.
What other readers? There are maybe five people currently posting and possibly reading this message board. I guess your yearning for the "good ole days" doesn't extend to answering a simple question asked to you. Remember, there was no Google 75 years ago when you were growing up.

This will probably make no sense to a person with your level of intelligence, but there's always the choice to use the "ignore" button. Maybe you'd be better off taking a break and letting the other 4 people read my posts.

Why would I need to hit the ignore button? Take a break for what? Because a senile old man who rambles on any subject except high school football won't answer a simple, basic question?

Neutral is a actual person? If so I pegged that one completely wrong.......

Go Canes Go!

Neutral is a actual person? If so I pegged that one completely wrong.......

Go Canes Go!
I cannot confirm if he is an actually person... I can only confirm that he is not a morph beyond popular belief.

Note to gatorman001 ( and peezy):

Yes, "Neutral Observer" is the screen name of an actual person. Maybe I'm wrong, but as far as I know, there is no one on the face of the Earth who has Neutral Observer on their birth certificate. Thus, there is probably no real person named Neutral Observer.

Likewise, there is probably nobody with a drivers license (or other piece of I.D.) that says "Blindeyes". The man picked out a screen name and went with it. Have I met him in person? No. Have I read most of his posts? Yes. Do I wonder if he's a "real person". Hell no. Do I need to meet him? No, but interestingly, maybe I already have. Who knows? Who cares?

You might also take note that many famous people didn't bother using their real names to pen their thoughts. Does that mean Mark Twain was a "morph"? Ask S.T.C. And no jambun, Neutral is NOT going to tell you who S.T.C. is. Google it and learn something.

Neutral has been using one screen name on Rivals for 17+ years and before Rivals took over, like several other old-timers, he used the same handle on Florida Kids Network.

There you have it.

I don't need you to tell me that Mark Twain's real name was Samuel Clements old man. In the 20+ years that you have been posting on High School Football message boards, have you ever discussed High School Football beyond longing for the "good old days" when you played for Amos Alonzo Stagg?

Reactions: peezy28
Jambun, Wavebb and Neutral went on a Mediterranean cruise last spring, Wave sent me this video of Neutral after I asked him how he was doing.

So, I can vouch he's an old man, not a morph. He knows the real Blindeyes (Think they dogged bullets in Traz Powell one year together).

He most definitely did not play for Coach Stagg.

He does occasionally provide a very valuable perspective whenever the board goes to the topics of Private vs Public, Free Agency, Recruiting, or the Assemblage of All-Star teams. So I vote we let him stay.

I'm still not convinced that "neutral" isn't a morph, just too many things that my instincts tell me I'm probably right about this.
Go Canes Go!

Silver King, I would NEVER go on a cruise, no thank you. Neutral Observer can post on this message board as long as he wants, I have no say, and I don't care. Are Neutral Observer, and Wavebb two different people?

I don't need you to tell me that Mark Twain's real name was Samuel Clements old man. In the 20+ years that you have been posting on High School Football message boards, have you ever discussed High School Football beyond longing for the "good old days" when you played for Amos Alonzo Stagg?

He got a point

What other readers? There are maybe five people currently posting and possibly reading this message board. I guess your yearning for the "good ole days" doesn't extend to answering a simple question asked to you. Remember, there was no Google 75 years ago when you were growing up.

He got another point

I'm still not convinced that "neutral" isn't a morph, just too many things that my instincts tell me I'm probably right about this.
Go Canes Go!
Your instincts are wrong on this one.... Unless of course Neutral is a world class CSI computer hacker and can do things that most cannot to hide his identity/morph into others.... If he really felt the need to go to those great lengths just to fool 5 people who post on a message board then well... I mean there is a whole lot that can be said about that and I would say I am going to shut down Neutrals account for fear he has a mental disability he needs to go get help with instead of posting on a message board.

Look one of the 1st things I did when Mike gave me admin rights was figure out who is real and who is fake (as I said before Neutral I do not know is a real person perhaps he is a robot I dont know) but I can tell you he is only neutral and no one else on this board....

He may live close to a few posters some who still post and some who dont... but he is not them.

Silver King, I would NEVER go on a cruise, no thank you. Neutral Observer can post on this message board as long as he wants, I have no say, and I don't care. Are Neutral Observer, and Wavebb two different people?

I can say this until I am blue in the face which would be pretty hard to do since I am a dark skinned black male but Neutral and Wave ARE NOT the same person... I repeat ARE NOT!....

By Evidence and I won't out my boy because well Wave is my boy Wave does have several board Morphs... Neutral aint one of them.

Peezy its easy to hide utilizing a VPN.......

On a side note: What's going on with the gathering for the 5A-8A games in Daytona this weekend? Or has it been called off?

Go Canes Go!

Charge Number 1: Not posting all X's and O's messages about HS football.
Response Number 1: Guilty as charged ... but amazingly he have 536 "likes".

Charge Number 2: Posting to a message board with only 4 or 5 readers.
Response Number 2: How are we supposed to know how many people visit?

Charge Number 3: Not giving a flyin f__ck about jambun's narrow views.
Response Number 3: Guilty as sin. The man's a moron of epic proportion.

Charge Number 4: Neutral is old.
Response Number 4: Yes ... but wimmens half his age still smile knowingly.

Reactions: peezy28
I can say this until I am blue in the face which would be pretty hard to do since I am a dark skinned black male but Neutral and Wave ARE NOT the same person... I repeat ARE NOT!....

He got a point. Damn, five people post here and three are dirivitives of Wavebb

Charge Number 1: Not posting all X's and O's messages about HS football.
Response Number 1: Guilty as charged ... but amazingly he have 536 "likes".

Charge Number 2: Posting to a message board with only 4 or 5 readers.
Response Number 2: How are we supposed to know how many people visit?

Charge Number 3: Not giving a flyin f__ck about jambun's narrow views.
Response Number 3: Guilty as sin. The man's a moron of epic proportion.

Charge Number 4: Neutral is old.
Response Number 4: Yes ... but wimmens half his age still smile knowingly.
No one charged you with Number 3 because no one cares what you think about me.

5 people on here and all of them looked at that poor pitiful Norway post by someone one who is incredibly sad to be trolling FLVA, But he got in before POY balloting.

5 people on here and all of them looked at that poor pitiful Norway post by someone one who is incredibly sad to be trolling FLVA.
Make it 4, SK. Nu'Trelle didn't hit the link. In the meantime, jambun should be here shortly to expose the fact that Neutral is now making non-HS football posts under the screen name "BrianUrban". The man's a genius :)

Peezy its easy to hide utilizing a VPN.......

On a side note: What's going on with the gathering for the 5A-8A games in Daytona this weekend? Or has it been called off?

Go Canes Go!

I am aware... However if your a morph that means you would be hiding ALL your morphs and there would still be commonalities amongst the VPN... Trust me man I have seen several morph situations on this board... Most guys are dumber than most but there are a few morphers who have a little IT knowledge... Well so does peezy...

Again i am telling you Neutral is not one of those wisen guys with the skills to morph his morph... he isn't a morph... and he DEFINITELY IS NOT Wave... Wave got too much other stuff on his hands to go be neutral. He has several Morphs... They have similarities... and you haven't seen much of them or wave for that recently. Although I am told he did go to states.

Also Gman I apologize I did not get back to you. As I told you in email we have been dealing with family issues and I was out of pocket for a few weeks. Your name was on the list though and if you weren't able to make it we will make sure to include you next year. Again my apologies.

5 people on here and all of them looked at that poor pitiful Norway post by someone one who is incredibly sad to be trolling FLVA, But he got in before POY balloting.
is it 5... maybe a few more
Peezy
Silver King
Neutral
Jambun
Gatorman
Bad Bird I mean that other guy who's coaching affiliations will remain nameless
Columbia fan aka Floridaslayer
307 Mac (blue mooner)

Who am I missing? Am I missing anyone?

I am aware... However if your a morph that means you would be hiding ALL your morphs and there would still be commonalities amongst the VPN... Trust me man I have seen several morph situations on this board... Most guys are dumber than most but there are a few morphers who have a little IT knowledge... Well so does peezy...

Again i am telling you Neutral is not one of those wisen guys with the skills to morph his morph... he isn't a morph... and he DEFINITELY IS NOT Wave... Wave got too much other stuff on his hands to go be neutral. He has several Morphs... They have similarities... and you haven't seen much of them or wave for that recently. Although I am told he did go to states.

Also Gman I apologize I did not get back to you. As I told you in email we have been dealing with family issues and I was out of pocket for a few weeks. Your name was on the list though and if you weren't able to make it we will make sure to include you next year. Again my apologies.

There are VPN apps, that allow you to use multiple VPN entry points......for the folks that do online contesting, they use the heck out of these sites, because it allows them to do multiple entries into contests so they cant identify a common IP address........one such app is call "Hidemyass".( Its rather cheap to use),........I go back and forth with it being either Wave or Silver......but regardless Im about 80-85% certain its a morph.....

No worries.....I should have been on top of it all much sooner, I admittingly was waiting to hear something......was why I finally reached out....life happens......no way to help that.

Go Canes Go!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT