ADVERTISEMENT

941 districts

FishinGuy

Apr 18, 2013
Venice and Sarasota (prob not a good week to be Sarasota with a mad mad mad Venice team)

Manatee and LRHS (well LRHS your dreams will crash to a running clock end Manatee a few dozen more than LRHS in this one)

Southeast and Port Charlotte (Not sure here-- hmm I like Southeast b/c of the explosive athletes and QB but Port Charlotte bursted on the scene with that win at Sarasota)

Palmetto and BR (We R BR has won a bunch in a row and has the mental edge... They also put it on charlotte so until PHS proves it can mentally get over the hump the pirates still hold the edge and may friday)

anyone else have a take

Venice over Sarasota in a blowout

Manatee over Lakewood Ranch, but closer than you predict

Port Charlotte vs Southeast, should be a good game that can go either way but I take Port Charlotte.

Palmetto over Braden River as BR seems to be rebuilding this year and this might be the best Palmetto team since their 2011 run.

Venice over Sarasota in a blowout

Manatee over Lakewood Ranch, but closer than you predict

Port Charlotte vs Southeast, should be a good game that can go either way but I take Port Charlotte.

Palmetto over Braden River as BR seems to be rebuilding this year and this might be the best Palmetto team since their 2011 run.
I'm on board with your sentiments for all of your game comments above......will just add a couple of additional comments.....

Manatee has taken some serious hits from the injury bug with its running backs and lacks the explosive offensive talent its possessed the last 5+ years. I believe the OC has been slow to figuring out, how to make it work offensively with the remaining skilled offensive talent it has.........but its slowly getting there!

Palmetto has the ability to do to Braden River what it did to Largo last week.......Braden River like Manatee lacks any real explosive talent on Offense......I do like there QB but the Braden River defense has shown its self to be highly vulnerable to the big play..............meaning unless the defense keeps the game close, even good QB play isn't going to be enough to overcome a defense that continually puts its offense behind the 8-ball

Go Canes Go!

Last edited:
I think Sarasota gets routed also. They have played a super soft schedule prior to losing to Port Charlotte.

Palmetto wins big. Braden River can't score enough points or stop Palmetto enough to make the game close. I agree, BR is definitely rebuilding this year.

LWR has played a cupcake schedule but I think going 0-10 last year warrants their schedule. I like what they are doing and I think if they play disciplined the game can be close early but I think Manatee may pull away in the 2nd half.

Booker in my opinion has more talent than LWR but lacks the coaching/discipline. The only games I see them possibly winning is Bayshore and/or Gibbs and both of those teams are 0-5 so far.

Wow, Manatee really put it on LWR. I'm not surprised that Manatee won, but I am surprised by the score.

The Port Charlotte/ Southeast game sounds like it was a good one.

LWR had played nobody to achieve that 3-0 record, playing teams with a combined record of 2-17 prior to playing Manatee. That score is more a reflection of how bad LWR really is, rather than Manatee turning it around......"was at the game"........Manatee has the kind of talent to get better as the season progresses, but as of right now they're an average team at best.

Go Canes Go!

Agreed with LRHS just being that bad. Palmetto seems legit but has to go to Charlotte. Sarasota was flawed too and surprised Riverview and lennard was close

Sarasota lost their starting QB prior to the Port Charlotte game, so that has negatively impacted them offensively...........but on the whole I agree their schedule prior to the Port Charlotte game was extremely weak.

Palmetto will do to Charlotte what Braden River did to them, but in a more convincing manor.....this is probably the best team Palmetto has had since the semi-final team of 2011 that lost to Norland 35-27. In fact I want to say this Palmetto team is probably more athletic than that 2011 team.

I mentioned last week that I wasn't sure whether to say "Wow" about Venice or Riverview, still not sure about either team. Both are capable of playing at a high level, but inconsistency seems to be the story line thus far with both teams!

Manatee plays a Coconut Creek team this week that I rate no better than the Kathleen they team beat 28-12, the only difference is Manatee gets Coconut Creek at home. Then onto Sarasota which should be a game Manatee should handle easily. The Osceola game would be the game to gauge where Manatee is at.............thus far Osceola's only loss was a close game to last year's semi-finalist Columbus HS 21-17.............Columbus has two players the Gators are after.....Xavier Henderson at the WR position and Henry Parrish at RB. All that before playing Venice for the district championship.

The 1st RPI comes out this Tuesday at 2:00pm, will be interesting to see where all the local teams stand.

Go Canes Go!

Last edited:
Other than probably losing to Venice Manatee can squeak in the 7th or 8th seed I would think...

Sarasota lost their starting QB prior to the Port Charlotte game, so that has negatively impacted them offensively...........but on the whole I agree their schedule prior to the Port Charlotte game was extremely weak.

Palmetto will do to Charlotte what Braden River did to them, but in a more convincing manor.....this is probably the best team Palmetto has had since the semi-final team of 2011 that lost to Norland 35-27. In fact I want to say this Palmetto team is probably more athletic than that 2011 team.

I mentioned last week that I wasn't sure whether to say "Wow" about Venice or Riverview, still not sure about either team. Both are capable of playing at a high level, but inconsistency seems to be the story line thus far with both teams!

Manatee plays a Coconut Creek team this week that I rate no better than the Kathleen they team beat 28-12, the only difference is Manatee gets Coconut Creek at home. Then onto Sarasota which should be a game Manatee should handle easily. The Osceola game would be the game to gauge where Manatee is at.............thus far Osceola's only loss was a close game to last year's semi-finalist Columbus HS 21-17.............Columbus has two players the Gators are after.....Xavier Henderson at the WR position and Henry Parrish at RB. All that before playing Venice for the district championship.

The 1st RPI comes out this Tuesday at 2:00pm, will be interesting to see where all the local teams stand.

Go Canes Go!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT