ADVERTISEMENT

2024 Football Quotes from Athletes

FlaVarsity.com

Gold Member
Apr 28, 2022
2024 Football Quotes

......................................................................................................
Bishop Moore quarterback Bjorn Jurgensen
How do you feel your team will do next football season?
“I think that our team will be really good next year. We have a lot of returning starters and I feel like our chemistry is really good.”

What team do you feel will be the toughest competition on your schedule?
“I think Edgewater will be. They’re probably our toughest opponent every year so I’m excited to play them.”

Who is the toughest individual player your team will face off against?
“I think Semaj Fleming from Edgewater, he’s a big playmaker for them.”

......................................................................................................
Newsome quarterback Noah Guenther
“I believe our team can do great next season. We have a lot of key returning players that had great seasons this year and they are getting better every single day. We will also have guys that are going to have to step up and contribute to the team, but I trust that they are ready to play and make us a great team.”

“With the new districts being drawn up I know that we will be playing teams such as Plant City, Sumner, Strawberry Crest, and Alonso. Out of these teams, I think Sumner and Plant City will give us great fights. Both teams are well coached and have great players. Newsome is excited to play them and prove ourselves.”

“Out of the teams I for sure know that we are playing, there are multiple athletes that I could say are the best players. Chris Denson from Plant City is a great player as well as Tyler Williams from Sumner. Every team we are playing will have great players that will give us some troubles. We respect them but we are not scared of the competition.”

Newsome tight end Nathaniel Hohlfeld
“I believe my team will be a lot better next season and we will excel with a new head coach.”

“I believe our toughest opponent this season will be Sumner High School.”

“I think the toughest individuals we will play are Sumner WR Tyler Williams and Sumner DE Cam White.”

Pace defensive end Tylon Lee
“I feel like we will do great next year if we just keep working hard and stay together.”

“I feel like we could handle any team on our schedule as long as we come out ready to play.”

“The toughest individual we will face is Kaiden Hall, he’s a really good player.”

Walton quarterback Wells Bettenhausen
“Although we have some spots to fill, I believe we have plenty of guys coming up. I expect our team to dominate again.”

“Pensacola Catholic. They are tough every year and have a lot of good players coming back.”

“Our toughest opponent is ourselves. Only we can determine the outcome.”

Seminole defensive back Juan Berchal
“We’re winning it all.”

“I haven’t seen the completed schedule yet but Lake Mary will always be a tough rivalry game.”

“Maybe Noah Grubbs from Lake Mary, a very skilled young quarterback.”

West Orange linebacker Ameer Elghazaly
“Unfortunately I will not be playing with West Orange HS this upcoming season, I will be at Wiregrass Ranch HS. I have a lot of confidence in this program and believe we will be playing in the state championship this upcoming season.”

“The toughest competition on our schedule is likely to come from either Zephyrhills or Land O’ Lakes. These games are considered dog fights for us since they have a close score throughout the course of the game. Both teams have skilled players.”

“We expect to face off against DJ Pickett, a standout cornerback known for his exceptional coverage skills and performance.”

Spanish River strong safety Benjamin Lamas
“I think with how hard we work and kids now growing up we will be a lot better.”

“I think we can beat anyone, obviously there will be some tough teams to beat, but we can beat anyone.”

“Toughest individual players we would have to play would be ourselves, one individual player can’t determine a game.”

Menendez quarterback Cash Downey
“I think we have a lot of potential if everyone puts in the work and works together as a team.”

“I think it’s between our rival St Augustine high and Ponte Vedra because of their discipline and talent.”

“I think it will be Trenton Jones just because of the work he puts in and his speed.”

Edgewater running back Joshua Perry
“I feel my new team will do great next year. I believe me and my teammates at Edgewater are going to win a state title this year.”

“I haven’t gotten the schedule yet but that second round of the playoffs vs Jones High seems to always be the toughest.”

“I don’t know who the toughest player we will face but one person won’t beat us.”

Bokey wide receiver Frank Hicks
“The team next season will do even greater things than last season. It’s a win or go home mindset here.”

“I don’t know who the hardest is going to be right now because people could still transfer at the last second or whatever happens. What I do know is it doesn’t matter who they got or what they have, because we’re going to come out on top every time.”

“[It doesn’t] matter what player we go against, they aren’t going to do any true damage to our team.”

Atlantic Coast running back Jordyn Bell
“We will definitely get in the playoffs. With our group of coaches, I think we can really go deep in the playoffs.”

“I would have to say Mandarin. They had a spectacular run to the State Championship game.”

“I’m not sure about the toughest individual player but as a team, it’s Mandarin.”

Sumner linebacker Cameron White
“I feel like we will do very well. We got some valuable players coming back and I’m confident we will compete and do well next season.”

“Our schedule hasn’t come out yet but we will be moving up in the tiers so we should have a lot of competition next year playing teams like Armwood and Tampa Bay Tech and other schools.”

“There is a lot of good players in the area that we will have to compete against but I think we can get the job done against anybody.”

Monarch quarterback Jack Spaeder
“I think Monarch is looking very good heading into the fall, we have a good team and we’ve picked up a few transfers and I think we’ve got a solid shot to go deep into the playoffs and states again.”

“Our fall schedule isn’t out yet, but Saint Thomas is definitely the toughest team we played this year, although we lost, we played hard as a team and I threw for 285 pass yards and 2 TDs against them.”

“I can’t name any individual players that are tough to go against but we are in South Florida where there are great athletes and players on every team, so every team presents its own set of problems.”

Hagerty running back Jalon Lewis
“If we keep at the rate we are going, we will do much better than our last season record. Although records were broken, we really just want to improve on the small things at the end of the day and accomplish the goals we set.”

“I’m not really worried about tough competition. That’s what helps us grow! As long as we do what we need to do and execute, then we will be fine.”

“Again, everyone who wants to be on the field works hard out there. I am not worried about other players or teams. As a team leader, I am focused on what we need to do as a team to accomplish our goals.”

Spanish River wide receiver Jayden Phipps
“We will perform highly, possibly even better than our recent season.”

“Palm Beach Central.”

“N/a.”

Menendez offensive lineman Christian Bond
“I think we will be special and I believe we have the team to go to states and 100% the playoffs. My QB Cash Downey is special, and with a year under me and his high school football career we are locked in this upcoming season.”

“I really don’t know because all the teams we are playing are good teams but I truly think Ponte Vedra, Bishop Kenney, and St Augustine High Schools will be the hardest competition this upcoming season.”

“St. Augustine has a lot of talent, I would say Trenton Jones, Carl Jenkins, and Locklan Hewlitt will be some tough players to stop for sure.”

Durant wide receiver Damari Styles
“I feel we are going to succeed next season, we had 27 juniors last year so lots of returning players for this year.”

“I don’t know our schedule yet but I know we have Bartow in our district so that will be a very important game for us for sure.”

“[Toughest] individual I believe will be Jake Morris from Lake Gibson, very talented quarterback.”

Seminole defensive back Kaeden Reyes
“I feel Seminole is set for greatness this year. We got quality transfers in Mike and Lil Gator, along with our team gathering more chemistry overtime. We’re destined to be State Champions.”

“Our schedules are not official, however, I do know Lake Mary will be on the schedule and they’ve given us some very tough games. For the past four years it has been one possession games down the wire.”

“The best individual player would more than likely be Noah Grubbs, he’s proven to be one of the best in High School and he’s made big time throws against us.”

Clearwater Academy International pro-style quarterback Joaquin Kavouklis
“Considering how many starters are returning and with the younger guys having so much game experience I feel confident we can be and will be competitive playing a nationally ranked schedule.”

“Every team we play is a quality and motivated team. To give one preference to one team would be unfair. We played one of if not the toughest schedule I’ve seen. We played 5 state championship teams from Florida and top 10 ranked teams from Tennessee and South Carolina in 2023. Lakeland and Venice were our toughest opponents last year.”

“George Mckyntire from Brentwood Academy is a great Quarterback. We beat them last season but he was definitely a great player along with Keon Young from Lakeland. He was good as well.”

Mandarin wide receiver Josiah Watkins
“I believe if we do our job and execute every play, we can come back to states even though we may be a young team.”

“I’m not sure who exactly is on our schedule but from previous seasons, I would say Creekside and Bartram will be a test for us.”

“I do not know of any other players that we will face off against.”

Winter Park quarterback Grant Conner
“I think this upcoming season, we will be very prepared. The way we went out last season left a bad sting with us. It was awful. So, having that happen to us, will make us work harder than before.”

“I think the hardest team on our upcoming schedule will be Jones. They have a lot of great talent coming in and it will be a hard-fought game.”

“The toughest player I think we will play against is Vernell Brown at Jones. He is very versatile and agile. He also has a lot of speed, so it will be a challenge.”

Spanish River middle linebacker Dominick Pacheco-Bates
“I feel like we are going to do even better than last season.”

“Toughest team might be Palm Beach Central but we will get through all obstacles.”

“Not sure yet.”

Atlantic Coast edge Darnell Malpress
“We will dominate, we will go to the playoffs and make a run for state.”

“Our rival Mandarin, it’s always a tough game.”

“The 5-star offensive tackle at Raines, we struggled against him this past season, I’m looking forward to competing against him this year.”

Riverside quarterback Jaidan Delaune
“I think we as a team will do good. We have a lot of key players returning next season, who are putting in the work during the off season.”

“Raines High School probably will be our biggest competition because they have a really good defense and they are very well coached.”

“Jaime French from Mandarin High School is probably the toughest competitor we will face. He is the defense's worst nightmare.”

Sumner offensive tackle Ziyare Addison
“I'm extremely excited about our team's prospects next year. We return some exceptional players like Tyler Williams and Cam White and we recently welcomed a talented quarterback, Joel Morris who transferred to our school.”

“Honestly, I believe our toughest opponent will be ourselves. If we can maintain focus and play disciplined football, I don't see anyone stopping us.”

“At this point, no specific player comes to mind.”

Sumner defensive tackle Jordan Bellamy
“I think we will be State Champions, we have the coaches, the players, and everything we need to succeed. It's up to us as a team to finish the job.”

“I feel like Armwood will be our toughest game. They have some guys over there like (Roymarr Thomas & Girard Pringle) that can make an impact.”

“Girard Pringle, he’s a great player overall it’s going to be a game for sure playing against him.”

Lake Nona offensive lineman Jaden Wilkerson
“I believe we are the best team in the city. I truly think it will be hard to stop us in any fashion. I believe we, Edgewater, go undefeated in the regular season once again.”

“Jones and Edgewater have always been a battle, and it will be another one this year. Jones has a lot of good players but I feel we got that edge over there.”

“N/A.”

Menendez strong safety Luke Harmon
“I feel like we’re going to have a great season. Everyone is coming in experienced and we have great talent in every position group. Our guys are working hard and we have some major goals for this season.”

“St. Augustine will probably be our toughest opponent. They’re a well-coached team and have a lot of great athletes but if we do what we’re supposed to do we can definitely play with them. It’s a rivalry game so that adds some extra juice to it and I know we’re looking forward to playing them.”

“I think the toughest individual player would have to be Carl Jenkins Jr. from St. Augustine. He’s a good receiver, good route runner and has great speed. I’m looking forward to playing against him.”

Menendez middle linebacker Joseph Soto
“This following season coming [up] I think we will do good and make the playoffs this year.”

“I feel that St. Augustine will probably be our toughest game.”

“Carl Jenkins is the toughest player we will face all season.”

Sumner quarterback Layton Kennison
“Next season, especially with the harder schedule, we need to come out swinging next season and I think that is just what we will do facing Jesuit preseason.”

“I think the toughest team on our schedule is going to be Plant. We have been put out by them the last two playoff runs and now we have them in the regular season. It’s definitely personal.”

“We don’t focus on one player when it comes to game plans or scheming. So no one player stands as a “tough individual”. They are an attribute to a whole team. And all of them have liabilities. That’s what we attack and go after, as anyone would.”

Spanish River wide receiver Blake Wallace
“I feel we will only improve.”

“Probably PBC.”

“Tony Williams.”

Hagerty running back Porter Joseph Williams
How do you feel your team will do next season?
“I believe our team has the potential to do well next season. To achieve the success I'm looking for, each player must go all in. We must buy into our coach's culture, put in the extra work, and avoid complacency. If the team collectively does this, I believe we will see great improvement and maximize our potential. For me personally going into my senior year it's important that I set an example for my team.”

“Competing in class 7a of Florida football, we will see plenty of talented teams. We will prepare week to week and won’t be intimidated by any team.”

“Again, being in class 7a we will see talented players on a weekly basis. I'm not intimidated by any individual and I expect the rest of the team to see it the same way.”

Seminole cornerback Jorden Pittman
“Next season I have high expectations for us and believe that we should be state champions.”

“As far as who do I think the toughest team is I couldn’t quite tell you as of now because I don’t know what our schedule is currently looking like but we play Jones High School in the kickoff classic which should be a pretty good game.”

“Yet again I don’t know our full schedule and who those teams consist of but I know they are going to have some good players just like we do so we just have to do our job to the best ability we can.”

Seminole wide receiver Kenyon Holden
“I have full confidence in our team for the upcoming season. Our players demonstrate unwavering dedication daily, and I believe that with a game-by-game approach, we have the potential to excel and reach our goals. It's Only Us.

“Honestly, I haven't reviewed the schedule yet, but our fiercest rival has been the Sanford Seminoles. However, we're preparing to face any challenge head-on.”

“Our own players set the standard for toughness, dedication, and skill. There's no individual opponent this season that can match the intensity and talent within our team.”

Eau Gallie quarterback Joseph Allen
“I recently transferred to Eau Gallie and I feel we have a very good chance to win District and make a run in the playoffs.”

“That's a tough one because I feel like we face good teams every week.”

“I would say 4-star OT player Champ Smith at Vero.”

Sumner wide receiver Tyler Williams
“We have a lot of key players returning and we will do very good this year.”

“Lakeland and Armwood will be very good challenges for us.”

“We will play against a lot of good people not exactly sure who will be the best.”

Viera wide receiver Zack Pillow
“I feel like my team now [will] make it to states this year. We have a pretty good team.”

“The toughest team I think is Saint Francis on our schedule.”

“I don’t really know any of the players like that.”

Sumner edge Dean Gee Jr.
“Sumner will be great, and I believe we’ll win a state title this year.”

“Lakeland will be a good challenge for our team but it is definitely a game we can win.”

“I feel like Jesuit has a good front 5 and it’ll be fun to compete against them to get to the QB.”

Hagerty wide receiver Jordon Ketron
“We have a tough schedule, but we have a lot of returning players and we're confident in the guys we have.”

“It doesn't matter to us who is on the schedule we are coming to compete each week.”

“Like I said before, no matter the team or player we're coming to compete.”

Seminole kicker/punter Liam Allen
“I believe we have a really great group of guys this year. We have an amazing coaching staff and so much talent. I think we have the opportunity to do something really special this year. I’m blessed to be a part of the Seminole football culture and family.”

“I am really excited for our kickoff classic against Jones. It will be a great challenge for us to start off the season against one of the best programs in the area. Two historical central Florida high school football teams competing at Camping World Stadium is going to be awesome. So I’m looking forward to the opportunity and the challenge with my team.”

“It’s really hard to single any one player out because of the talent in this area. All I know is the guys that would be the toughest to play against are on my team. So I’m really blessed to get to call them teammates.”

Port Charlotte quarterback Logan Flaherty
“I have transferred to Port Charlotte high school from Charlotte high school and they are coming off a good season so I think we should be able to follow that up with another strong season with a deep run into playoffs.”

“I don’t think I could give an overall toughest team but our focus is on teams in our district. Off the top of my head some of the other tough teams would be Venice, FBA and Zephrhills.”

“Venice’s defensive end Asharri Charles is a good player who may be a difficult task to handle when the time comes.”

Sumner defensive lineman Makhi Foster
“I feel like we have the talent and the skill to take it all the way to states.”

“I feel like our toughest team we’ll be Lakeland.”

“I don’t think we have to worry about an individual player on any team.”

Menendez outside linebacker Liam Molloy
“I think better than what people will think, but I think everyone needs to be on the same page or else it’ll turn out badly.”

“Every team we play has their own way of being difficult from the next, we have to worry about now and work as hard as we can to prepare ourselves 6 months from now.”

“St. Augustine.”

West Orange cornerback Donovan Lanier
“I feel that we will do much better than last season and be more competitive with offseason adjustments.”

“I feel that Dr. Phillips will be one of the tougher teams we face. We always have great games down to the wire.”

“Joshua Guerrier from Ocoee is a great athlete that plays both sides of the ball. We’ve had some good matchups over the last couple of years.”

Sumner running back Jaheim Hudson
“I’m confident my team will do very well, even with our schedule becoming harder. We work hard, it’s showing.”

“Armwood.”

“Great question, I don’t know the answer.”

Monarch left tackle Bryan Auguste
“We’re going to states for sure.”

“Chaminade.”

“Probably Jabari Brady.”

Bokey athlete David Parks
“We bring a lot of really talented players back on both sides of the ball that are getting offers from the top schools in the country. On offense Rodney Grant III returns in the backfield, Max Bucannon, Jayshawn Woods and Jadon Blake anchor the line and Kenyon Holden and Frank Hicks are ready to step up at receiver. We added one of the top '26 QBs in the nation in Mike Clayton RBs Khamani Robinson and Amari Major plus Devin Voltaire at receiver. Our offense is loaded and will be ready to put on a show.”

“We open up against Jones High School in Camping World Stadium. Two of the best programs in Central Florida going at each other in the kickoff classic will be electric. We travel to Lake Wales and of course Lake Mary is a district game that is always circled on the calendar.”

“We consistently play against some of the best players in the state week in and week out. But honestly the dudes we line up against in practice every day are the best of the best. Its a blessing to battle with top recruits Ethan Pritchard, Juan Berchal and the younger guys like Rasheem Turner, David Coleman and Jalin Chaplin. They help our offense prepare. If we can move the ball against those guys, we feel like we can play with anybody.”

The First Academy linebacker Noah Maddox
“If we work as a team and trust each other the sky's the limit. We have talent all over the field.”

“We play one of the toughest schedules in the state. Every game is a challenge and we need to be locked in every week.”

“Looking forward to playing against a good friend and old Pop Warner teammate of mine Semaj Fleming (Edgewater).”

Santaluces linebacker Tre Robinson Jr.
“I feel that my team will do great this year! We have a very strong senior class that are hungry and ready to compete.”

“I feel that a team that will be decent competition to us will be palm beach central, but I’m very confident that we will come out and handle business when we play them in week 4.”

“The toughest individual on our team will probably be 2025 Ath Israel “Izzy” Marion. Izzy is really dynamic, he’s really explosive and makes big plays @ slot and outside WR. This year he’s going to be playing RB, Slot, Outside WR, and DB.”

Gulf tight end/defensive end Aiden Holewski
“I think my team and I will do great next season, we have a lot of football to look forward too and the sky's the limit with these boys.”

“The team that I feel will be our toughest competitors is Zephyrhills. They always have some GUYS every year.”

“From an all-around athletic standpoint, Zephyrhills DJ Picket will probably be the toughest athlete we will face.”

Lake Mary outside linebacker Luke Prieto
“I believe we are a state championship caliber team and have the pieces to make a run.”

“Week 1, Cardinal Gibbons.”

“The toughest individual player that I know of as of now will probably be Tavion Swint (UCF RB commit).”

Last edited by a moderator:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News