ADVERTISEMENT

2017 NFL Draft - Broward County

BrowardHandicapper

Sep 3, 2014
7 Broward High School kids drafted to NFL teams. 0/ ZERO from STA .

I understand this is somewhat of a fluke situational statement by me, but that kind of reveals that STA is not necessarily taking all of the best talent in Broward. Just something to think about.

So that is interesting. In this last draft Pinellas Country had 3 players drafted and 2 signed as UDFA's.

Even more interesting is that the 2014 Lakewood Spartan team has now had 3 players (Fowler, Griffen, Adams) drafted and will likely add 3 more next year... (Griffen, Wynn, Davis).

Thats what you call underachievement of the decade teams.

I understand this is somewhat of a fluke situational statement by me, but that kind of reveals that STA is not necessarily taking all of the best talent in Broward. Just something to think about.

2 drafted from that Cypress Bay team that lost in epic fashion to Apopka. They also had a FA signing.

I was really hoping former STA player Bryan Cox Jr would get drafted, but he did at least get signed quickly after.

Matt Deas, running back, and the big O'line name started with an I, something like Isadora.

Venice had 1 Drafted......

There's another former Cypress Bay player's story worth mentioning.
He'll never play in the league, but he was one of the better players on that CB team and has had a lot of shitty luck with injuries.

Alex Montgomery's story is truly worth the read. Seriously check it out. I really hope things work out for the kid, he's been through a whole lot.

http://www.kentucky.com/sports/college/kentucky-sports/uk-football/article121339453.html

Last edited:
Reactions: BrowardHandicapper
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT