ADVERTISEMENT

Your Thoughts on Early Enrollees

Choctaw_fan

Gold Member
Oct 31, 2003
Here's an article in USA Today on the advantages to the enrollees.

Personally, I think it's great because the players have better academic records, will succeed in college academics, and may have already graduated if they decide to go to the NFL after 3 years. They also have the option to move to another school for their last year.

It helps the player because he learns the system sooner. He has a greater advantage than those coming in during the summer. He also has access to the excellent college weight program.

It helps the school because the player can participate in spring drills. This gives the school an opportunity to see what their recruits can do and what they need to improve. It also gives the player the opportunity to understand what college life is like. Many are far from home for the first time. Early enrollment gives them time to adjust before the pressure of the season begins.

Finally, nothing good can happen when a highly recruited player sits idle for 6 months. My son participated in 4 sports his senior year to stay in shape for basic training and his freshman season at the Air Force Academy. I suspect most players will not be that dedicated.

It all sounds like a win-win to me!

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...-trend-numbers-early-enrollees-rise/97212534/

Reactions: peezy28
Yeah, all good. The Tarpons had two enroll early: Maleek Williams is at Arkansas and Dee Hicks is at Applachian State. Great opportunity for both of them. Two great, hard working kids that translated to the classroom and they graduated early.

I think its a great opportunity for all the reasons you spoke Choctaw. If the whole Prom and hanging out with your classmates isn't that big a deal to the kids and they are qualified why not? I think it also gives kids something to strive for academically.

Reactions: Dan in Daytona
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT