ADVERTISEMENT

Why Does College Football Hate Lane Kiffin?

Choctaw_fan

Gold Member
Oct 31, 2003
First, let me say that I am not a fan of his. I was really ticked when he left Tennessee, an SEC program on the rise, for the hype of La La Land.

When he got to USC, he suffered through years of reduced scholarships due to NCAA violations from the Pete Carroll era. While there, he never had a losing record. But, as we've seen recently, that's not always good enough to keep your job.

After moving to Alabama, he has done amazing things with their offense. But, we've all seen the arguments with Saban on the sideline. USA Today is reporting that his contract is due to expire there and will not be renewed. So, they explained that FAU was the only viable head coaching option at this time.

Why wouldn't any school give him a second chance? Was most of his success in the past due to his father's help? Is he too arrogant for his own good? What am I not seeing?

People that have good looking wives, lots of money, and are good looking are generally hated by the public. I'm a prime example of that.

Reactions: baller2k
First, let me say that I am not a fan of his. I was really ticked when he left Tennessee, an SEC program on the rise, for the hype of La La Land.

When he got to USC, he suffered through years of reduced scholarships due to NCAA violations from the Pete Carroll era. While there, he never had a losing record. But, as we've seen recently, that's not always good enough to keep your job.

After moving to Alabama, he has done amazing things with their offense. But, we've all seen the arguments with Saban on the sideline. USA Today is reporting that his contract is due to expire there and will not be renewed. So, they explained that FAU was the only viable head coaching option at this time.

Why wouldn't any school give him a second chance? Was most of his success in the past due to his father's help? Is he too arrogant for his own good? What am I not seeing?

Lets not forget the NCAA Violations that came after he left Tennessee which were all on his watch.

Lets not forget he was so unliked at USC he was pulled off the team bus at the Tarmac and was fired.

Lets not forget his tumultuous time in Oakland (The last years of Al Davis is the only thing I can think of as to how he got that job without ANY head coaching experience.)

My opinion..............Kiffin due to his history of being a major league douche who leaves programs in complete disarray on his way out the door..........will before he's left FAU, will have stirred up some major chit down in south Florida.

The whole Saben/Kiffin union for me, from the very beginning was as unnatural as the incestual relationship described by Sophocles in his play Oedipus Rex. Everyone knew it would only be a matter of time before Saben had enough of Kiffin. The offensive success enjoyed at Alabama while Kiffin acted as the OC, was a by-product of 5* and 4* recruiting orchestrated by Saben.

Go Canes Go!

Reactions: BStreak
My opinion..............Kiffin due to his history of being a major league douche who leaves programs in complete disarray on his way out the door..........will before he's left FAU, will have stirred up some major chit down in south Florida.

The whole Saben/Kiffin union for me, from the very beginning was as unnatural as the incestual relationship described by Sophocles in his play Oedipus Rex. Everyone knew it would only be a matter of time before Saben had enough of Kiffin. The offensive success enjoyed at Alabama while Kiffin acted as the OC, was a by-product of 5* and 4* recruiting orchestrated by Saben.

Go Canes Go!

Amen.

Last edited:
I forgot about the NCAA sanctions at Tennessee.

Well, let's see how he does with recruiting in such a talented area of Florida.

I never ever ever ever ever condone hitting a women and this is a despicable act... but I also believe in 2nd chances... the kid has paid his dues IMO.

Who she thank she is? She try to box hymn out at 23. She callsed it! Plus she swang om hymn furse!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT