ADVERTISEMENT

West Michigan

I would love to see them in the playoffs but doubt it will happen. Everyone is relying on the FPI to select the best teams. But Carson Wentz and North Dakota St proved that the experts are not always right!

Give them a chance!

Only way a team like WMICH ever gets in the playoff is

A. Increase teams to 8 and there can be 3 wild cards after P5 champs
B. Schedule and beat tougher opponents.... 12-0 is always impressive but their best wins were
22-21 over 6-6 Northwestern (who also lost to Illinois state mind you)
34-10 over 3-9 Illinois.

So basically their resume is not impressive. When Boise, and TCU were getting consideration (before TCU joined Big 12) they had big upsets over power 5 conference teams that actually were good like Oklahoma.

They would need to limit games from 12 to 10. Which would mean conferences like the SEC would play 8 conference games out of conference rival or 2 or and 1 cupcake which isn't really the method now and I know most don't want to give up their 3 home game cupcakes or revenue earned from 2 extra games. 16 will never happy at the major CFB level but 8 is possible.

I no we got to get it to 8 first. 16 will come some day. Theyc an still play 12 and have a play off. 12 might some of the double A teams play 12 and still have the play off.

Then you would have a College football season as long as the NFL For those who make it that far which is what I think they want to avoid... Also they will get deeper into having to pay players which we know they are trying to avoid.

Then you would have a College football season as long as the NFL For those who make it that far which is what I think they want to avoid... Also they will get deeper into having to pay players which we know they are trying to avoid.

The double A school already play 16 game and they done before christmas.

You realize the difference and why that hasnt happened at the FBS or whatever level we call it now right?

The only thing SK know about West Michigan is that's where the sand stops and Lake Michigan begins. SK been around it a lot on the 64-Burger Motor Yacht he ran for the owner of the Tigers and Dominos.

When you round Mackinaw Point, you pass by the McGulpin's Point light and run a SW heading to the North Manitou Shoal. If its foggy you need to listen for the fog signals of the Ludington Ferry, adjust course off Little Sabal Point to WSW for Chicago Harbor Light and then you're in the Chicago Sanitary canal and you run it to the Mississippi.

Get off the mighty Missisip at New Orleans and take the levi canal into Lake Pontchartrain, then take the ICW to Appalachicola, eat a bunch of oysters, play poker and get drunk with your buddy Henley (a slightly crazy Vietnam vet who was always fun to run into on the east coast or Gulf) who runs a 50-foot Chris Craft Sports Fisherman. Get up hungover as hell, squirt Henley's crew with your salt water hose as you ease out of the slip, then cross the corner of the Gulf, run into Boca Grande Pass, up Charlotte Harbor and into Punta Gorda's Fisherman's Village where your wife who hasn't seen you in a month is waiting dockside in a very sext outfit - that's the way SK did it last time he had anything to do with West Michigan.

After this weekend's games the top teams will sit for a month. Plenty of time for an 8 or better yet 16 team playoff. Semester finals won't stop the big TV dollars, in a few years, when this baby grows up..

Reactions: The Prep Fan
Danny, saw a clip of the game Houston could hardly move, put no weight on the ankle stepping into a throw, was he hurt going in or during the game? Damn gutsy performance to even be out there.

Second offensive series of the 1st quarter SK. He made a couple attempts but the injury was to severe to play through. He broke down on the sideline. He mistakenly thought he let everyone down. CC jumped on the Buc's. They were ready. I'm not going into the " what if's." He made Mainland go. Best I've ever seen in a Buccaneer uniform.

Reactions: DarterBlue2
Western Michigan is making great strides as a program but they are not playoff worthy. They haven't played anyone this year. Many teams can go undefeated if they played cupcakes week in and week out. 4 team playoff is fine. There's always going to be a team getting snubbed. If it were an 8 team playoff, the number 9 team would be getting snubbed. 16 team playoff, the number 17 team would get snubbed, etc. We need the best 4 teams in the playoffs, period.

I disagree, i feel with 8 someone gets snubbed but atleast you get to have 5 conference champs and 3 at large bids. the 9th team who gets snubbef has a much less chance of winning than thr 5th ranked team ya dig

I disagree, i feel with 8 someone gets snubbed but atleast you get to have 5 conference champs and 3 at large bids. the 9th team who gets snubbef has a much less chance of winning than thr 5th ranked team ya dig

Even if we used this this year, it would be controversy. Ohio State would be an at-large bid because they are not conference champs, Oklahoma/Oklahoma State would be an at-large bid, and USC may be an at-large bid. Either way, Western Michigan would not be in the playoffs. But I do understand what your saying. Lol

Western MIchigan needs to enjoy their last season with P.J. Fleck. He is about to get snatched up by Oregon, Houston, or Baylor.

Even if we used this this year, it would be controversy. Ohio State would be an at-large bid because they are not conference champs, Oklahoma/Oklahoma State would be an at-large bid, and USC may be an at-large bid. Either way, Western Michigan would not be in the playoffs. But I do understand what your saying. Lol
i never said Western Michigan deserved to be in... they don't . play and beat better teams.

If UF or FSU went undefeated with that schedule id say they dont deserve to be in either unless all scores were something like 56-0

Second offensive series of the 1st quarter SK. He made a couple attempts but the injury was to severe to play through. He broke down on the sideline. He mistakenly thought he let everyone down. CC jumped on the Buc's. They were ready. I'm not going into the " what if's." He made Mainland go. Best I've ever seen in a Buccaneer uniform.

He had a great year. You get so close you can taste it, hell we led at half in the 70 semi-final when our QB/MLB went out with an ankle. We lost it on a penalty (legitimate) after a completion got us down to their 10 yard line with 2minutes to play. The play came all the way back to our 40. My last high school games in my Jr and Sr year ended with a losses. One in the Semi Final and the next year in the Regional final.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT