ADVERTISEMENT

Using your commitment as self promotion.... ME guy?

If he picks Florida, by the time he gets there, he'll need surgery to repair all the muscles he damaged doing this stunt. Why do these kids always have to top each other?

Reactions: peezy28
Oh sure, an Offensive Lineman does something flashy - for maybe the only time he will have the chance in a career that could run well into the NFL, and its questioned.

Exsqueeze me?

This guy throws a block that springs a back for a TD and the back starts doing the George Jefferson Strut in the end zone and that's OK, but he can't have a little face time pulling a bus (A metaphor for what offensive linemen do for a team)?

Where's the justice, where's the humanity?

Reactions: BStreak
Only the mind of a former O-lineman could come up with that response!

Actually, I want him to have a long career. Nothing better than watching a perfect block that releases a running back to score a TD.

Reactions: Silver King
He's a great player for Bishop Moore. Good for him.

Everybody that is judging is from another area of the state. What do you know? I'm not a fan of people who call out current HS student-athletes. That's a clear line to me.

This guy is being recruited by the big schools for a reason - his play on the field.

He's a great player for Bishop Moore. Good for him.

Everybody that is judging is from another area of the state. What do you know? I'm not a fan of people who call out current HS student-athletes. That's a clear line to me....

You say it's "calling him out". I say the boy needs guidance, his coach is probably embarrassed. Neither am I questioning his ability. I'm kinda old school, I think your play should do your talking, not some circus stunt that misrepresents his strength.

I'm sure he's a great kid, pillar of the community, gentleman and a scholar.
And a "me" guy.

Watching him play against dominate DT's leaves something to be desired... Its not calling a kid out its observation and analysis everyone can't be "Oh he's great" Got to keep it real. He will probably be fine at ND but just watch him this year vs those dominate DT types.

I didn't want to respond, but now I have to...
Its not calling a kid out its observation and analysis everyone can't be "Oh he's great" Got to keep it real.

My point was simple. There is a difference between being analyzed for your play on the field and what was done above. What you just said is not even close to what I was getting at. My opinion is up there... I'm sure many parents and coaches agree.

I didn't want to respond, but now I have to...

My point was simple. There is a difference between being analyzed for your play on the field and what was done above. What you just said is not even close to what I was getting at. My opinion is up there... I'm sure many parents and coaches agree.

Understood I'm honestly not a fan of those type of commitments. Just like that kid from LA last year that did the whole rap video thing.... I think this is in line with thaT school of thought.

I'm not gonna knock them it's their prerogative but I'm just not a fan of it.

Reactions: redfishron
... What about when a kicker makes a 30 second video announcing his commitment?

Hell, any body can sit in an airplane, then get off. Don't take no special talent to do that. What woulda impressed Nu'Trelle was if he'd walked around the plane like a hard a$$, then hooked it up with a chain and towed it to another airport.

Silver King,

What about when a kicker makes a 30 second video announcing his commitment?

http://totalfratmove.com/video-show...ng-penn-state-commitment-oh-and-hes-a-kicker/

Gatorman, I think Buc's Coach John McKay's famous line comes to mind: "Kickers are like Horse Manure; they're all over the place."

I would rather have seen the long snapper from a few years back who was deep snapping into an open mailbox and sending the videos to colleges and it worked. Now I'd like to see his commitment with some theme of that.

Hell, any body can sit in an airplane, then get off. Don't take no special talent to do that. What woulda impressed Nu'Trelle was if he'd walked around the plane like a hard a$$, then hooked it up with a chain and towed it to another airport.

Neutral,
Better video, he kicks the ball into the distance, flies an airplane to retrieve it and it is in another airport. But wave and you know that it is hard to get into airplanes these days. People constantly running out of fuel.

The information age is a crazy thing. I graduated HS in 2006 and the entire recruiting process has flipped on its head. Twitter didn't even exist when I played ball... Lord knows what I would have done on Twitter...

When the Orlando Sentinel board first started (then it was called Friday Night Football), my brother started talking trash to Evans via the ancient (oh so ancient) message board. It was a completely new concept but at that time the board was all players. The players all moved to twitter apparently. And to finish the story, #20 (my brother) had a 'hit' on him... meaning they were looking for 20. Ah the good ole days.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT