ADVERTISEMENT

Trenton Tigers

riverrat1961

May 24, 2011
1A Trenton played in a referee scrimmage last night in Ocala and defeated 7A West Port 35 to 0 and Belleview 50 to 0

Trenton's defense is very strong against the pass and the run neither team could score even inside the 10 yard line. Here we come Orlando !!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
With all due respect to Trenton, both West Port and Belleview are the two worst teams in Marion County. During the regular season they are lucky to get two wins between them. A 1A team beating any 7A and 5A team is an accomplishment. But, you have to consider other factors.

What other factors you talking about Pro Set ? All i was saying is that Trenton is damn good this year and yes i know as far as 7A goes West Port my not be very competitive with the other Marion county teams. Just so you know Trenton played a full game with Keystone last week and shut them out just like they did West Port and Belleview, In 3 games Trenton has not been scored on and has scored over 130 points on there opponents.

Obviously Trenton is a very good 1A team and I was not trying to take anything away from them. All I was trying to say is that both West Port and Belleview are not tough to defeat. Also, the other factors are that we are talking about Spring games where many teams do not look good and are not yet ready for prime time. Some of the best teams have lost in Spring games only to go undefeated during the regular season and on to the championship. But, beating even a hapless team 35-0 and 50-0 does make a statement.

Looks like Trenton will be heading to State once again. Attention all other teams: Go ahead and mark an "L" on your schedule next to the Tigers and lower your goals for 2015! The Champs are here!;)

I'm just poking, but truthfully it is pretty impressive not to give up any points in 3 contests. Defense wins championships no doubt

Reactions: riverrat1961
This sounds a lot like the same old song and dance we heard last year too from Trenton. How soon it is forgotton that the last time Trenton stepped on the field for a "real game" the final score was 45-20 with Hamilton going to Orlando. Different year and different times but lets wait till the real season starts before we make travel arrangements.

Reactions: riverrat1961
This sounds a lot like the same old song and dance we heard last year too from Trenton. How soon it is forgotton that the last time Trenton stepped on the field for a "real game" the final score was 45-20 with Hamilton going to Orlando. Different year and different times but lets wait till the real season starts before we make travel arrangements.

You right Doghater and don't think for a second that the boys don't remember those 2 losses last year. It may turn out that we get knocked out again this year but from what i have seen this spring i like our chances but like you said this is a different year with a lot of new quality teams in 1A. Not taking anything away form what you guys did last year but that's just what it is last year. With that said the score between your guys and Madison raised a lot of eyebrows and the target is on your teams back this year, Ham-co is now the hunted not the hunter. Trentons game with the 2014 State Champs week 3 should tell us what we have or what we can be.

Reactions: bulldoghater45
That should be a very good game indeed. We need more Big Bend vs Panhandle games like that.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT