ADVERTISEMENT

The "U"

...Royal Scam is loaded with one song after the other - summer before Grad school, ran Dodge City wild ...
In 1976 when the "Royal Scam" were on, Nu'Trelle were runnin up and down US41 between Naples and Ft. Myers 8 nights a week and tellin the young wimmens ANYTHING they needed to hear. An by that, Nu'Trelle do mean ANYTHING. Life back then was an "amusement park" and the "rides" stretched as far as the eye could see.

Nu'Trelle's favorite band was Steely Dan, but his theme song in the 70's was by the Ides of March:

One of the best Steely Dan albums - But Kid Charlemagne was where Carlton shreds it; voted one of the TOP Ten lead guitar riffs of all time...
This is where two great minds can sometimes think unlike. Kid Charlemagne was superb, but when you talk about shreddin a guitar solo on a Steely Dan disc look no further than Bodhisattva off 1973's Countdown to Ecstasy.

Denny Dias handled the first solo; Jeff "Skunk" Baxter tried to top him with the second. It's tough to decide which one is better. Call it a tie?

Sorry mens, no version of the original could be found on You Tube ... and there is only ONE oriiginal.

bodhisattvas-nggid03440-ngg0dyn-930x640x100-00f0w011c010r110f110r010t010.jpg

BODHISATTVA
(means "Enlightenment" in Hindu)

Find the boat Jimmy Frickin' Johnson is on trolling down in the Keys and snatch him back. Or even Butch Davis, OK maybe Stoops - but SP stop it with the guy who looked like the Village Idiot with the Gators, maybe he could recruit a little, but what else? Boy people have short memories; he was wasn't as good an end of game time manager as most high school coaches; worst in upper div history.
Butch Davis has expressed interest, however until the "U' CLEANS UP AND STOPS CHEATING, they will continue to be "jailin" and will go nowhere.. 58-0 ..

You guys are old as dirt (Moses called and said you guys owed him a quarter)

Butch could recruit them the players, and then spend the rest of his time watching NCAA investigators coming to the "U"..... Or they could get the guy from Louisville and really get it going right.

Butch could recruit them the players, and then spend the rest of his time watching NCAA investigators coming to the "U"..... Or they could get the guy from Louisville and really get it going right.
The U MAY BE TO FAR CORRUPTED??? Any change has to come from the administration and for now that appears not in the cards.. Players from the past are not the type who want to change ,rather "bring in players irregardless of their character" who can bring them a football championship" , That sentiment is not exclusive to Miami, but Miami epitomized it in the 80's.. Their display against Texas was the worst I ever saw and for that and other breeches, I don't care for that state prison.

Last edited:
First, stop reposting the quote, I thought we learned how to do that with a comment.

Next, I'll bet you're going to buy Urban Myer's new book, extolling how great he is at molding young men's lives. On Bill O'Riely the other night he was saying how he would have disciplined Jammis Winston for that crab leg incident - now first off I'd think the sexual assault allegations would be a little more important to address, but I guess UM didn't. And why would he? Urban had the opportunity to mold Aaron Hernandez- who was shooting up people while playing for UM. To me I think he'd take a long look before cocking that arm with the rock aimed at the glass house. His predecessor at Ohio State did the same thing: bragged about what a clean program they had, and how they did things right; well until he got caught anyway. They actually believe themselves after a while.

Here's my point; if you're naive enough to want to think you can find a completely clean program in major college (hell insert HS or Pro, or Arena, etc) football among the top competitors, well, you may be as clueless as some of your friends here say you are. By the way, the U cleaned up and stopped cheating, that's why they aren't competitive. And now they want to win again, so as the NCAA turns its attention to their next victim, they may slowly start reloading. But remember the NCAA has a financial stake in not getting too crazy with punishment.

First, stop reposting the quote, I thought we learned how to do that with a comment.

Next, I'll bet you're going to buy Urban Myer's new book, extolling how great he is at molding young men's lives. On Bill O'Riely the other night he was saying how he would have disciplined Jammis Winston for that crab leg incident - now first off I'd think the sexual assault allegations would be a little more important to address, but I guess UM didn't. And why would he? Urban had the opportunity to mold Aaron Hernandez- who was shooting up people while playing for UM. To me I think he'd take a long look before cocking that arm with the rock aimed at the glass house. His predecessor at Ohio State did the same thing: bragged about what a clean program they had, and how they did things right; well until he got caught anyway. They actually believe themselves after a while.

Here's my point; if you're naive enough to want to think you can find a completely clean program in major college (hell insert HS or Pro, or Arena, etc) football among the top competitors, well, you may be as clueless as some of your friends here say you are. By the way, the U cleaned up and stopped cheating, that's why they aren't competitive. And now they want to win again, so as the NCAA turns its attention to their next victim, they may slowly start reloading. But remember the NCAA has a financial stake in not getting too crazy with punishment.

Glad you watch The Factor, good... Where did I ever say that I can find a real clean college program?? You can't.. I am naïve enough though to speak out against the bad ones that I know about.. Anything goes will lead to everything will go.. I know that big college football is not clean, but that does not mean that I support it.. I'am far clueless but can't approve of what goes on.. Your last sentence is however, true as well as sad..

What does anyone know about the interim coach Larry Scott they said he is from from Florida and played college ball at USF, also had a brother who was on the team at Miami in late 90's and early 2000's, don't remember the brothers name. Does this interim coach have a chance to get the job or is he just a fill in till the real hire shows up.

Urban brought UF 2 national titles so I appreciate that. He left UF because his wife made him. His daughter who went to FGCU won't speak to him. He's a great coach and a great recruiter but is hated in the coaching profession even more than Saban. He skirts the edge of the rules(never had NCAA issues) but is a hypocrite when it comes to discipline.

Urban brought UF 2 national titles so I appreciate that. He left UF because his wife made him. His daughter who went to FGCU won't speak to him. He's a great coach and a great recruiter but is hated in the coaching profession even more than Saban. He skirts the edge of the rules(never had NCAA issues) but is a hypocrite when it comes to discipline.
Wow, never knew this and if true,well, thank you as I learned something..

Hey, I went to a volleyball game at FGCU a few weeks ago and saw her on the sideline. She is a graduate assistant.

So is his wife ok with him coaching in Ohio? Is she now closer to family or closer to divorce?

I think she stayed with him when he quit the got back to Ohio. She could've had half for his secretary fling but now stands to make a ton more I would think. Who knows? Maybe she'll pull a Mrs. JImbo Fisher on his ass.

There once was a coach who called three players into his office for violating team rules. One was a stud and two were hubbubs. He told the hubbubs "You broke team rules, so I'm kicking you off the team."
After they left, he turns to the stud and says "Now, let that be a lesson to you."

Reactions: Drummer61
I think she stayed with him when he quit the got back to Ohio. She could've had half for his secretary fling but now stands to make a ton more I would think. Who knows? Maybe she'll pull a Mrs. JImbo Fisher on his ass.

I thought it was a student.....

There once was a coach who called three players into his office for violating team rules. One was a stud and two were hubbubs. He told the hubbubs "You broke team rules, so I'm kicking you off the team."
After they left, he turns to the stud and says "Now, let that be a lesson to you."
HAMMER, One of your best....

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT