ADVERTISEMENT

Tebow Back in the News

Amazing how he is trying to get back into the NFL while others younger than him are retiring. If he really wants to return, play tight end. That's what the teams want.

There's nothing that says he can play TE in the NFL. There are guys who are bigger, stronger and faster who get cut every year.

Originally posted by Choctaw_fan:
Amazing how he is trying to get back into the NFL while others younger than him are retiring. If he really wants to return, play tight end. That's what the teams want.
While Tebow has been doing the TV thing the younger guys are in there getting their heads bust in and had enough.

Originally posted by peezy28:
While Tebow has been doing the TV thing the younger guys are in there getting their heads bust in and had enough.
I don't really see where that's Tebow's fault, Peezy. He wanted to play and apparently they didn't want him to play. What do you expect the guy to do. Work in a convenience store?

Originally posted by ProSetEye:

Originally posted by peezy28:
I don't really see where that's Tebow's fault, Peezy. He wanted to play and apparently they didn't want him to play. What do you expect the guy to do. Work in a convenience store?
I am not blaming Tebow I am just saying we can't look down on the youngsters who are retiring from the league. You never know Tebow might be considering the same thing had he been a starter somewhere the last few years after taking many many shots to the head.

My honest opinion on Tebow is he was a GREAT college QB... I mean one of the best ever.... I know this because I still hate his guts for how many ass whoopings he put on my Noles LOL but for that I respect his game. His style of play just didn't translate and teams didn't want to put up with the media circus that came along with having Tebow as part of the team. I don't think he was black balled like say Vince Young but teams were weighing the pro's and cons and no one wanted to bring him in as a backup and have the media in his face every day even though he is the back up.

I did hear he has been working with a QB coach and probably has done something like 10000 reps with a improved throwing motion since last year. While that should help I think one disadvantage Tebow has at the QB is probably one of his best attributes... His Bulk... Honestly I think his Lats, Arms and Shoulders are entirely to large for the QB position and affects his throwing accuracy... Look around the league you don't see anyone with his build. I think it would do him some good to slim up a bit to play QB.

I agree with Choctaw_fan. I was just talking about that with a coworker this morning. Tebow being so laser focused on playing QB in the NFL is causing him to miss other opportunities to play in the NFL, or even the CFL for that matter. I think the kid has the size and athletic ability to play other positions (TE or hybrid-type roll) and would be playing today if he were willing to make the change.

Hmmmmmmmmmmm. Once Again. Things seem to be looking up.
"I can't see any reason why someone would not at least give him another chance," he said. (Tom House, QB guru)
That's what I would say, too. Sure got folks talking about the Eagles, right? Believe me, if anyone in the NFL thought he could play, then they would bring him in and give him a shot. Except maybe the Rams.

He doesn't owe it to anyone to play another position. And it's a slap in the face to all the guys who are currently trying to get jobs in those positions, after working their whole lives to get there, to think that a guy can just step in as an adult and play that position.

Originally posted by Jacket.Skipper:
He doesn't owe it to anyone to play another position. And it's a slap in the face to all the guys who are currently trying to get jobs in those positions, after working their whole lives to get there, to think that a guy can just step in as an adult and play that position.
Slap in the face. Hey, if Tebow can play better, than the guys who are currently trying to get jobs in those positions, so be it. After all, Tebow had worked most of his life, so far, playing QB in football and probably has more experience and possibly ability than most of the people you are talking about. After all, it's the decision of the coaches of the Philadelphia Eagles or any other NFL team that wants to look at him. Fairness or slaps in the face have nothing to do with anything. The Philadelphia Eagles are a business, not a charity organization. Just like any business they hire people who can enhance their business and who can produce. If they don't feel that Tebow can enhance their business or can produce it will be back to broadcasting.

Let me tell you something, Mr. JacketdamnSkipper, don't you go trying to besmirch the good name of Touchdown Jesus!

If he gets a chance to play, then by god, he should be playing! At any damn position! The only reason why he ain't playing quarterback is because all the HBC's and GM's are god haters!

Don't be coming in here startin' no junk and there won't be no junk!

War Timmy!

Originally posted by Jacket.Skipper:
Slap in the face. Hey, if Tebow can play better, than the guys who are currently trying to get jobs in those positions, so be it. After all, Tebow had worked most of his life, so far, playing QB in football and probably has more experience and possibly ability than most of the people you are talking about. After all, it's the decision of the coaches of the Philadelphia Eagles or any other NFL team that wants to look at him. Fairness or slaps in the face have nothing to do with anything. The Philadelphia Eagles are a business, not a charity organization. Just like any business they hire people who can enhance their business and who can produce. If they don't feel that Tebow can enhance their business or can produce it will be back to broadcasting.
(nods....).....um what?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT