ADVERTISEMENT

Santa Fe 28 - Trinity Catholic 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

ProSetEye

Oct 24, 2011
Ocala
In 3 quarters of varsity play OTC looked really terrible against Santa Fe. The defense couldn't stop anything and the offense only clicked on one pass play for a score. Considering that Santa Fe kept it on the ground most of the game and threw about 3 completed passes, it certainly doesn't say much for the Celtic defense. At times the Raiders RB's went through our defense like nobody was there. Nothing worked on offense because the OTC OL could not make anything work. The running plays went nowhere and our QB Ryan Miller was harassed through most of the game which did not allow him to be effective at passing. I am only hoping that things will get light years better in 3 months. Otherwise, with the tough schedule that OTC has this year, it could be a disaster. However, this was only a Spring game, it doesn't count, and is at best a learning experience. Santa Fe looks a lot better than they have been in a long time and will give a lot of teams trouble. I guess the HC meant what he said.

In 3 quarters of varsity play OTC looked really terrible against Santa Fe. The defense couldn't stop anything and the offense only clicked on one pass play for a score ... I am only hoping that things will get light years better in 3 months.

Nu'Trelle realize everything seem very dark in ProSetEye/TCOcalaFan life, so he recommend this individual consider the powerful lyrics Bernard Ighner wrote many years ago for people depressed by life-altering adversity. BTW, here's a link to the Quincy Jones version of the song - Ighner is the Lead Vocalist:

Everything must change
Nothin' stays the same
Everyone will change
No one stays the same

The young become the old
And mysteries do unfold
'Cause that's the way of time
Nothin' and no one goes unchanged

There are not many things in life
You can be sure, except
Rain comes from the clouds
Sun lights up the sky
And hummin' birds do fly

Winter turns to spring
A wounded heart will heal
But never much too soon
Yes, everything must change

Reactions: riverrat1961
Now you know what to work on this summer! Are they any awesome players in the area that need special academic attention only private school can provide and who, in turn, would help the football team?

Reactions: riverrat1961
I guess you mean like some of the public schools do? Minus the academic attention, of course. Getting a new residence in the district can be trying on the family, I know. ;)

It will be OK Proset, you guys have all off season to develop/recruit some help. I'm sure all will be fine when fall rolls around.

I don't know, they seem to have the players, although they lost a bunch to graduation. It just seemed to me, and I have been attending most of their games for the last 11 years, that the players were just going through the motions. The RB's ran with no purpose. The defense missed easy tackles. I saw some of the Senior players getting frustrated at themselves and at their junior teammates. And, believe me, Santa Fe is no Trinity Christian or CCC. Nothing fancy to figure out. With the tough schedule that OTC has this season I wonder if three months will be enough time to get it all together. :(

Proseteye,

It's Spring- Spring showcases what needs to happen in Summer to be successful in Fall. Now, it sounds like it was a rough one for OTC, but with a big graduating class, new coaches and a new philosophy, I don't put much stock into the result. The out-of-district schedule is tough, but to prepare for the playoffs in the North of 3A, it needs to be.

Proseteye,

It's Spring- Spring showcases what needs to happen in Summer to be successful in Fall. Now, it sounds like it was a rough one for OTC, but with a big graduating class, new coaches and a new philosophy, I don't put much stock into the result. The out-of-district schedule is tough, but to prepare for the playoffs in the North of 3A, it needs to be.

I actually messaged Jordan Woods, our top D-1 candidate with multiple offers, on FaceBook. Asked him what he thought happened last Friday. Hopefully he will answer. In all the years I have been going to the Celtic's games I have never seen the team lacking so many fundamentals, such as blocking, tackling, and being responsible for your territory. At times it looked as though some of the players did not even know what their assignment was. A worrisome situation albeit very early in the year, Jessica.

You may want to check the roster again Proset, Woods is no longer enrolled at TC, and others have left as well

Reactions: jwentworth42
You may want to check the roster again Proset, Woods is no longer enrolled at TC, and others have left as well

Did he leave TC right after last Friday's game? He played in the game against Santa Fe. What other players have left since Friday?

WOW it looks to me like they may have a different agenda than there new coach. I Would not be surprised if a few kids show up in Williston next Fall.

Yes it is nice just need the score board to go with it. When the rap music starts playing in Trenton everyone with in a mile knows it's game time :):)

I am thinking that if Woods and other starters left the team it probably is out of frustration. I saw a lot of anger and frustration on the sidelines on Friday. No way was that a typical Celtic team on that field against Santa Fe. Not only were the players not playing well, a few of them were causing penalties due to not knowing whether they should be on the field or off. The Celtics lost a ton of starters to graduation. There are a ton of new players on the team, from what I can see. They have a new HC and probably some new assistants. Growing pains abound. I kind of believe that the players that walked away will be back when being upset subsides. Parents know that Trinity is a top school academically and they will not want their kids starting over in another private school or a public school. There is a huge difference in being a student at Trinity and being a student at Williston HS.

The only thing Williston and Trinity have in common is, if you are a stud football player you go to school for free at either. :)

And, you know this how? Give me where one football player at Trinity has gone there for free. Please, don't say things that you can't backup with facts. :rolleyes:

proset they enrolled at another school my man- they arent coming back. You honestly have no idea what you are talking about from an educational standpoint, what are you basing your information on? Williston is a rural school, Trinity is a private Catholic School, there are smart kids, good and bad teachers at every school. None of those kids enrolled at Willsiton, they cant, that would be following a coach. Some kids do go to TC and pay no tuition, although that isnt the case for most. You honestly think they all got mad because they lost a game on Friday and withdrew on Monday..pretty sure there was more thought process than that.

Captian, thats not accurate either, 2 studs i know for a fact paid a healthy sum each month to attend there, but some don't you are correct, but most pay something

proset they enrolled at another school my man- they arent coming back. You honestly have no idea what you are talking about from an educational standpoint, what are you basing your information on? Williston is a rural school, Trinity is a private Catholic School, there are smart kids, good and bad teachers at every school. None of those kids enrolled at Willsiton, they cant, that would be following a coach. Some kids do go to TC and pay no tuition, although that isnt the case for most. You honestly think they all got mad because they lost a game on Friday and withdrew on Monday..pretty sure there was more thought process than that.

Captian, thats not accurate either, 2 studs i know for a fact paid a healthy sum each month to attend there, but some don't you are correct, but most pay something

Can you please give me a name of one player that paid no tuition at Trinity. Just one. I'm curious to know who that player was. Not doubting that you have up to date information on the Celtic's football team, or at least some of the players. But, I never in 11 years of supporting OTC have heard of a student not paying any tuition. There are government programs that financially assist some disadvantaged students with the tuition at any private school. But, that assistance is only a partial amount of the entire tuition.

"you honestly think they all got angry because they lost a game on Friday and withdrew on Monday". Well, pal, I wouldn't have been asking what happened if I knew the answer, would I? I just assumed that the player's evident anger on the sidelines Friday was a mitigating factor. Sorry for not knowing what was in the player's heads. I don't live with the Trinity football field contrary to popular opinion.

What is the graduation rate for Trinity? What is the graduation rate for Williston? No comparison. I'm not trying to downgrade Williston, a team I have always been fond of since the days that they played us tough in the playoffs. It's just a simple fact of life that students in private schools on a whole do better than students in public school. Just look at the government statistics. They are not my statistics, unless you want to deny the facts.

So, tell me professor, what school or schools did these players enroll in and what players left the team? Can you at least give us the details since you seem to know so much.

Proset - go on Maxpreps, look up Trinity Catholic...you will see that a few "stars" are no longer on the roster.

"I kind of believe that the players that walked away will be back when being upset subsides." i was referring to what you said about them coming back after their being upset subsides, i wont tell you who pays and who doesn't, that's between those families and TC. 4 are now Colts and 1 is a Wildcat.

You are right there will be growing pains and I am sure the new staff will get it heading in their direction.

I wont engage in a conversation with you over public and private school education. Waste of my very valuable time.

Proset - go on Maxpreps, look up Trinity Catholic...you will see that a few "stars" are no longer on the roster.

The only "star" that I can definitively determine that is gone is Jordan Woods. You see, the Celtics don't have a lot of "stars" like some other teams. There has always been more D-1 talent on the North Marion Colts and the Vanguard Knights than ever on Trinity. Since they all have now enrolled at public schools I am thinking that their parents did not have or did not want to continue paying the $12,000 per year tuition. By playing in the Spring Game with Trinity, don't they all jeopardize their ability to play with another team? I'm not sure about the FHSAA ruling on this.

"I kind of believe that the players that walked away will be back when being upset subsides." i was referring to what you said about them coming back after their being upset subsides, i wont tell you who pays and who doesn't, that's between those families and TC. 4 are now Colts and 1 is a Wildcat.

You are right there will be growing pains and I am sure the new staff will get it heading in their direction.

I wont engage in a conversation with you over public and private school education. Waste of my very valuable time.

I agree. The private versus public has been debated to death on these forums.

So, you are saying that 5 players left Trinity for the public schools. 4 to North Marion and 1 to Wildwood (I'm assuming it's not Hardee). Unless there were financial considerations for leaving Trinity for the Colts and Wildcats it's not a smart move for any of them, IMO. The Colts have never been anywhere near a championship game and usually never make it past the 2nd round of the playoffs. Wildwood is just not a contender for anything. If these players were hoping for exposure they made a big mistake. Trinity gets more exposure from college recruiters than any of the public schools in Marion Country. Trinity also has a much better chance of reaching the championship game, having been there 4 times in the last 11 years.

Is it not a cop out to say it's now for the families to disclose whether their son is paying zero tuition after I questioned you for stating emphatically that some players pay no tuition at Trinity. If you were not ready to disclose the specifics then why did you state what you stated?

Proset - have you ever yelled, "THROW THE BALL" or "TACKLE SOMEBODY" during a Celtic game??? just wondering if your THAT guy

Proset - have you ever yelled, "THROW THE BALL" or "TACKLE SOMEBODY" during a Celtic game??? just wondering if your THAT guy

Don't know what this has to do with anything. I never say anything during the games. Too busy watching each play at most of the games over the last 11 years. I can't control anything from the stands plus I'm too old to get that excited.

I agree. The private versus public has been debated to death on these forums.

So, you are saying that 5 players left Trinity for the public schools. 4 to North Marion and 1 to Wildwood (I'm assuming it's not Hardee). Unless there were financial considerations for leaving Trinity for the Colts and Wildcats it's not a smart move for any of them, IMO. The Colts have never been anywhere near a championship game and usually never make it past the 2nd round of the playoffs. Wildwood is just not a contender for anything. If these players were hoping for exposure they made a big mistake. Trinity gets more exposure from college recruiters than any of the public schools in Marion Country. Trinity also has a much better chance of reaching the championship game, having been there 4 times in the last 11 years.

Is it not a cop out to say it's now for the families to disclose whether their son is paying zero tuition after I questioned you for stating emphatically that some players pay no tuition at Trinity. If you were not ready to disclose the specifics then why did you state what you stated?

Proset have you ever heard about the right to privacy.

Proset have you ever heard about the right to privacy.

Sure have. However, if it's so private how come huntayo knows all about who pays zero tuition at Trinity? Is he a member of Trinity's financial department? He can't just say unverified and derogatory things about a school and their team without proof that can be substantiated. I, nor anyone from Trinity Catholic, have ever said derogatory or unsubstantiated things about any other team that the forum members support.

I did not see where he said anything Derogatory about the team or the school it is was mostly pointed at you i think. As far as the financial aid for students go as a Dad i would be pissed if someone posted my business on a public forum. OTC will be just fine i am sure the coaches will develop other players to step up and play, with every setback you will discover other opportunity's that where not previously seen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT