ADVERTISEMENT

Riverview Rams add Smithers

Keepingitrealinsrq

Oct 16, 2014
http://preps.heraldtribune.com/2015/04/07/football-smithers-heading-to-riverview-as-an-assistant/

Looks like coach Smithers will take over the reins from Cooley. How much experience does Smithers have coaching QB's?

Smithers indicated earlier when he stepped down as the HBC at Cardinal Mooney that the opportunity at obtaining a teaching position weighed heavily in his decision to ultimately leave. With regards to his ability to coach QB's, can't say that I recall Cardinal Mooney churning out a bunch of QB's for the next level during his tenure as the HBC at Cardinal Mooney?

Surprised that former Manatee assistant and Cardinal Mooney grad Coach Conboy, hasn't jump all over the opportunity to coach at Mooney HS? He did believe he was HBC material by virtue of him applying for the HBC job at Manatee, and then subsequently declined taking a lesser role because I'm assuming his ego told him he was better than what was being offered and left the program completely at that point?

Go Canes Go!

Gatorman still has that hatred for a former Manatee assistant I see. Guy didn't coach last year and still can't get over it, I see somethings never change. I always wondered where this hatred began, some questions we will never have the answer too.

Smithers helped Mr. Burns on the Simpsons. He was a great assistant.

Originally posted by MarkECannon:
Riverview has a position called quarterback? Hell has froze over.
Sprague always referred to him as the extra running back that would run, hand it off or toss it to the RB every play except the one time a gave they released a TE down the seam!!!! He invented the Wild Cat!

Luke bencie wasn't bad back in the day....great track athlete as well.

He ended up at Michigan State who promptly put him at the TE position.

Go Canes Go!

Originally posted by Keepingitrealinsrq:
http://preps.heraldtribune.com/2015/04/07/football-smithers-heading-to-riverview-as-an-assistant/

Looks like coach Smithers will take over the reins from Cooley. How much experience does Smithers have coaching QB's?
This seems like a strange move from a Riverview standpoint IMO. Smithers has either been DC, HC or both in his 15 years coaching at Mooney. He is a defensive guy and always has been..

Actually, he has been the OC along with the DC and HC at Mooney. Smart guy, great with kids and good community connections. Looks like a good hire for Riverview

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT