62Manatee (Bradenton, FL)1210.8343.707-2-04SR4D13
118Riverview Sarasota (Sarasota, FL)237.3626.515-4-04SR4D14
157Gulf Coast (Naples, FL)315.2322.145-3-04SR4D16
190Immokalee (Immokalee, FL)353.9392.715-4-04SR4D16
231Palmetto (Palmetto, FL)401.9592.204-4-04SR4D13
278Lakewood Ranch (Bradenton, FL)46-0.7230.864-5-04SR4D13
287Charlotte (Punta Gorda, FL)50-1.1550.384-5-04SR4D15
328Lehigh (Lehigh Acres, FL)55-3.3401.293-6-04SR4D15

I don't anticipate any real changes in next weeks rankings, other then possibly Immokalee moving up 1 and Gulf Coast moving down 1. Manatee's game against Southeast will negatively impact their strength of schedule score, but not enough at this point to allow Riverview to move up to the #2 spot.

1st round of playoffs will probably look like this:

#8 Charlotte * at #1 Venice *
#7 Lakewood Ranch at #2 Manatee *
# 6 Palmetto at #3 Riverview
#5 Gulf Coast at #4 Immokalee *

* = District Champs ( Should Charlotte beat Venice in the 1st round they would be assured a 2nd round home game as a District Champ)

Last edited:
The best game in the first round is going to be Palmetto at Riverview! Venice will have a running clock on Charlotte, and most likely Mantee will have the same against Lakewood Ranch. Immokalee beat gulfcoast 13-10 for their district championship a week ago so that’s a tossup……

Oh sweet Jesus, Venice...
Silver, since you've brought Jesus into this..........You're HBC is a religious guy, the 1st thing that comes to mind for me is Psalms: 23 and another personal favorite is John 1 4:4 - You, dear children, are from God and have overcome them, because the one who is in you is greater than the one who is in the world

As a side note: Its Manatee that's being actually led by a Gen Custer type leader as the outcome of the battle at Little Big Horn was caused by poor tactical awareness and bad leadership.......Charlotte is simply in a Daniel thrown into the Lion's den type situation.......although I understand the surrounded by Indians illustration
battle-of-the-little-bighorn-gettyimages-514887526.jpg

Last edited:
Gatorman, Come on man, that was meant as a glib analogy of the coming game given the disparity of talent and programs at this point, not a coaching comparison with Custer. Sorry, you missed it. You normally bring a strictly football-focused X and O intellect on here, but this is not the first time you brought up our HC's religion.

My high school coach had a pastor on the sidelines who addressed us before every game with a message or theme, sometimes bible-based, sometimes not. He taught us never to pray for a win, but rather to play at the best of our ability and that no one on either team get seriously hurt - that appealed to me. I played at a Catholic college in a conference that was composed of mostly religious schools—Mennonite, Quaker, Presbyterian, and so on. From 8th grade through college, I never took the field before a team prayer. I played with guys who were very religious, of different faiths, from Baptist to Catholic, and others who were agnostics or atheists. Just like before an infantry squad went into battle, no one complained. They respected it. There was a baptism held by another Charlotte County HC this year covered in the local mullet wrapper. That's a team event; it's a team sport. After tragedies of coach's passing, the Tarpons and the opposition (Ft Myers and Port Charlotte) have joined together to pray after a game. I think it is best if the government stays out of locker rooms.

I'm fine with the HC. I'm a Tarpon fan and support whoever is at the wheel like I have my entire life, and as a truly tolerant person, I don't disparage other groups that I might not agree with. Since I was a teenager, I've lived with my own personal religious beliefs and this Sly Stone edit, "Different Strokes for Different Folks."

Last edited:
Gatorman, Come on man, that was meant as a glib analogy of the coming game given the disparity of talent and programs at this point, not a coaching comparison with Custer. Sorry, you missed it. You normally bring a strictly football-focused X and O intellect on here, but this is not the first time you brought up our HC's religion.

My high school coach had a pastor on the sidelines who addressed us before every game with a message or theme, sometimes bible-based, sometimes not. He taught us never to pray for a win, but rather to play at the best of our ability and that no one on either team get seriously hurt - that appealed to me. I played at a Catholic college in a conference that was composed of mostly religious schools—Mennonite, Quaker, Presbyterian, and so on. From 8th grade through college, I never took the field before a team prayer. I played with guys who were very religious, of different faiths, from Baptist to Catholic, and others who were agnostics or atheists. Just like before an infantry squad went into battle, no one complained. They respected it. There was a baptism held by another Charlotte County HC this year covered in the local mullet wrapper. That's a team event; it's a team sport. After tragedies of coach's passing, the Tarpons and the opposition (Ft Myers and Port Charlotte) have joined together to pray after a game. I think it is best if the government stays out of locker rooms.

I'm fine with the HC. I'm a Tarpon fan and support whoever is at the wheel like I have my entire life, and as a truly tolerant person, I don't disparage other groups that I might not agree with. Since I was a teenager, I've lived with my own personal religious beliefs and this Sly Stone edit, "Different Strokes for Different Folks."
Perhaps you've taken my comments about the apparent religious convictions of your HBC as being disparaging? Not the case, if so.....My bible references were about facing over-whelming circumstances, which as I see it is what the Venice game this coming Friday is for Charlotte.

Just so that you understand why I previously mentioned the Tarpons HBC religious convictions, I noted it simply because it was his focus at the pre-season video production for all the SW Florida teams, when it was Charlotte's turn in the team's line up that day. For me while I watched and listen, there were several other thing's he mentioned, that for me that led me to question football temperament long term?

Wavebb knows former longtime Ft Myers HS Chaplin for the football team "George Henderson", He was a longtime friend of my father-in-law Ken Mullins as they both went to Manatee High and both eventually became pastors. In fact I made several trips with my Father in-law to George Henderson's church in Alva, when George would invite him to present a sermon as a guest pastor in my early 20's. George was a outstanding athlete at Manatee and had a scholarship offer to Tennessee to play football. George's story he shared with me was that he got up to Knoxville and was sitting in the locker room taking things in, when he felt the Lords calling to preach and he never looked back at the point......never played another down of competitive football.

Last edited:
Reactions: Silver King
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT