ADVERTISEMENT

ProsetEye

Originally posted by huntayo:
Thanks. Looks like OTC has a somewhat more difficult schedule than last season. I wonder if the new HC had something to do with that?

That's one of the most difficult schedules I've seen in awhile, that's a quality team every week. Playing JaxTCA, Godby, CCC or South Sumter gives you immediate credibility- playing all them? Wow...

Originally posted by SPCjessica2004:
That's one of the most difficult schedules I've seen in awhile, that's a quality team every week. Playing JaxTCA, Godby, CCC or South Sumter gives you immediate credibility- playing all them? Wow...
Most of them are tough teams and higher classifications. Father Lopez and Trinity Prep are probably considered just average 3A teams although you never know from one year to the next what type of team will emerge and surprise. It's going to be a very tough season for OTC considering that they are going to have to rebuild much of their offense over the summer.

Proset: tough schedule for you guys next year as you welcome in a new coach. The opening game will be interesting. TCJax graduated a ton of talent off last years team, but I think they will still be pretty good next year. The defense was hit really hard by graduation, but some underclassmen are ready to step in. The offense is pretty intact and should have some key playmakers back that were unavailable last year due to injury. OTC was the toughest 3A opponent we faced all year by far, and I'm sure they will be looking for a little revenge in the upcoming season. OTC will be a real test and a feature 3A game in the State of Florida to kick off the season. I'm looking forward to it for sure.

Originally posted by TCMan:
Proset: tough schedule for you guys next year as you welcome in a new coach. The opening game will be interesting. TCJax graduated a ton of talent off last years team, but I think they will still be pretty good next year. The defense was hit really hard by graduation, but some underclassmen are ready to step in. The offense is pretty intact and should have some key playmakers back that were unavailable last year due to injury. OTC was the toughest 3A opponent we faced all year by far, and I'm sure they will be looking for a little revenge in the upcoming season. OTC will be a real test and a feature 3A game in the State of Florida to kick off the season. I'm looking forward to it for sure.
I think that both teams will be in somewhat of a rebuilding process. TCA's defense and OTC's offense. We will have a pretty good QB in Miller to replace Schaffer. 6' 3" 220 and he's been playing football since 8 years old according to his Dad. And Jr RB Robert Rivers started last year as a Sophomore. The OL will be returning most starters. That's a plus. Replacing a speedy RB like London Gaskin will be hard. Also, TE may be a problem. We lost all of our starting WR's. Those positions will have to be developed as that is 50% of OTC's offensive output in most games. The incoming HC has a lot of experience and was a coach at IMG. I'm quite sure that he will have a different style of coaching than Brantley did although he is going to maintain the Pro Set formations. The TCA/OTC game will be at Celtic Field. We will need every advantage that we can get on August 28th.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT