ADVERTISEMENT

OT: I'm Heading Back For Good

Choctaw_fan

Gold Member
Oct 31, 2003
The Air Force has offered early retirement for the 4th time in a year and they are targeting my job series. It's time to go before I get RIF'd. I could be back in Florida by the summer.

I need some help finding a safe area to buy a home between Cape Coral and Naples. I have been looking for quite a while and see homes are much cheaper north and east of Bonita. But, family has told me to be cautious of Lehigh Acres.

I would appreciate any guidance you guys can give.

Reactions: 181pl
Choc, seriously Cape Coral? Bet you can get a deal on a former grow house. You need to check out Punta Gorda, deals galore right now.

Where are Wavebb and Neutral? They know that area more than anyone else but we haven't heard from them in quite a while.

I'm trying to stay close to my family but I will see what's available in that area. There are significant differences in housing prices all down I-75. You know there's a reason. I just need to figure out why and whether it's worth the risk of moving there.

Wave live on Gordon Drive in Naples and Neutral live in Suncoast Estates in North Fort Myers. Both nice areas and very affordable. You would like either. WAVE OUT!

Wavebb, I refuse to live in a mobile home! I spent a night in one during an outbreak of tornados. Never again!

I'll check out both neighborhoods but I suspect they are above what I can afford. You two live "high on the hog."

By the way, the attached article is another reason why I'm getting out. Many of you think government employees have it all. I went from a professional level job at an insurance company to a clerk position for the government. I did not reach my prior pay level until 15 years later. Yeah, working for the government is great!

Congressional Proposals

OMG, this government is soooo disfunctional!

I submitted my retirement application to the email address provided but never got a read receipt. Three weeks later, my boss inquires and is told my application was not received. I provided a copy of my original email, the retirement application, and their instructions. Within the hour, they responded that my application was approved.

I will be in the lovely sunshine of SW Florida by mid-June. Too bad I will miss all the spring games!

Congrats of retiring Choc, be lucky you don't have to deal with Obama Care - my GF and one of my sons say they are clueless - but if you don't insurance they sure won't miss the fine...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT