ADVERTISEMENT

Niceville to play MS Tiny Powerhouse

xcat1969

Dec 24, 2008
From what I hear, the 'Ville will host Bassfield, MS on Sept. 18. Bassfield has a record of 92-15 from 2008-14 with four state championships in that time span. With an enrollment of only 214, the Yellowjackets are taking on a pretty monumental task of taking on the Eagles in Niceville, but here's to hoping for a good game when David meets Goliath.
smile.r191677.gif

That's a surprising match up! I would have thought Bassfield could find some great competition in the Mobile or Biloxi area. I wonder if there is a prior player/prior coach connection.

Niceville has always traveled to find the best games. It's nice to see others want to travel to taken them on.

People are saying that Biceville may be the underdog.

Bassfield will have more FBS players.

I can guarantee you if you seen this team in person, you wouldn't think of David vs Goliath.

I'm with you Nole, Bassfield is loaded with athletes. I garuntee you that they had 2 kids better than anybody Niceville had last year. Jamal Peters, Troddrick Daniels were studs. I know they have to replace those guys and it will be tough but they have some freaks for a school with 200 kids. If Bolles got Niceville I certainly give Bassfield a shot.

Typically Niceville has a hard time filling their schedule. There was a time that Crestview just refused to play them in the regular season and would only play them in the jamboree. John Hicks has done a good job in fnding schools from other states to play. They have played home-and-home series with The McCallie School in Chattanooga and Dothan (AL) High School. They have had some games with Greene County MS and another team from Texas (I can't remember the name of the school). They had a game scheduled with Brother Martin out of New Orleans, but that was the year that Katrina hit. Brother Martin's campus was under water. When my sons were there I kept hoping we could get some games scheduled agaist teams in or around the Atlanta area so that our family could attend the game, but teams in the metro Atlanta area have no problem filling their schedules.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT