ADVERTISEMENT

NFL DRAFT

te35

Jul 4, 2007
As usual the state of Florida did well in the first round. The following Florida high school players were selected in the first round. Dante Fowler (Lakewood), Leonard Williams (Mainland), Nelson Agholor (Tampa Berkeley Prep), Phillip Dorsett (Aquinas), Damarious Randall ( Pensacola High), and Ereck Flowers (Miami Norland). If I've missed anyone feel free to add to this list. There are sure to be more Florida high school players chosen in rounds 2-7.

Statistically Florida should have 1.996 first round picks this year. We tripled that...nice...

What prom was Danny Shelton going to? But you're right it did look lie prom.

Not sure which prom it was, but this was his limo.
canoe.jpg

What he gonna do? He's Samoan.

Think I saw at the end of the first three rounds Florida had 16 picks and the next three states, Cali, Texas and Ga each had 8.

Last edited:
[Florida Population / US Population ] * 32 = Normalized Annual Round 1 Picks (Florida)

California's population is almost double what Florida's is. So they are out of the conversation.

Georgia is interesting. Per capita their athletes were 395% more likely to be selected in round 1 as compared to all other states. Florida's figure was 351%.

Looking at the raw numbers for all rounds, GEORGIA was the best-performing per capita state.

Ian Silberman Fleming Island's first ever NFL Draft Pick was selected in the 6th round by the San Francisco 49ers

As usual the state of Florida did well in the first round. The following Florida high school players were selected in the first round. Dante Fowler (Lakewood), Leonard Williams (Mainland), Nelson Agholor (Tampa Berkeley Prep), Phillip Dorsett (Aquinas), Damarious Randall ( Pensacola High), and Ereck Flowers (Miami Norland). If I've missed anyone feel free to add to this list. There are sure to be more Florida high school players chosen in rounds 2-7.
Interesting that STA has 40 players in the NFL, very impressive.. Bobby Bowden said, "most talent is in Miami-Dade" and Fla State has the most in the NFL.... Hope Bosco plays STA again and makes it 5-1 against the best. stats were from MAXPREPS..

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT