ADVERTISEMENT

MY CFLA SWEET 16 RANKING (CALLING ALL CFLA POSTERS)

Pipe Dreams

Jul 21, 2010
Most of the great posters on this board were never a part of the old Central Florida area message boards. Most of those characters.... legends like DDO, Eagle1, Goldenhawk, etc... are excellent followers of the game who don't post any more...

The Central Florida boards are gone. What started as "Friday Night Football" in 2004, which merged with the Sentinel, was once a great outlet for all Central Florida fans.

I hope some posters on here can get the word out. I miss a lot of those guys. DDO and I will always be close friends because we go all the way back to when I was just a mighty mite wannabe baseball player.

ANYWAY, HERE IS MY CENTRAL FLORIDA TOP 18.

In my old rankings on the old boards, I used to post projected spreads from the #1 teams in parenthesis.

I think those numbers show just how competitive this region is this year.

I will say... bar none... the Orlando/Daytona/Space Coast area is the #2 area in the state behind Miami-Dade/Broward/South Fla.

Here we go...

1. Mainland
2. Dr. Phillips (+6)
3. Cocoa (+8)
4. West Orange (+9)
5. Apopka (+12)
6. Osceola (+12)
7. Lake Mary (+14)
8. Bishop Moore (+16)
9. Oak Ridge (+17)
10. Heritage – Palm Bay (+17)
11. South Sumter (+23)
12. Orange City University (+27)
13. Edgewater (+28)
14. Oviedo (+30)
15. Lake Brantley (+30)
16t. Merritt Island (+31)
16t. Viera (+31)
16t. DeLand (+31)

Keep in mind the spreads are relative to what could be one of the most potent/loaded teams in the nation... Mainland. The average HS football team in the country would probably be a 55+ point underdog to the Bucs... CFLA IS LOADED!!! BOOK IT!

Last edited:
Also...

Usually the Sentinel and I are extremely, extremely close on our pre-season rankings. There will most likely be an overlap and honestly I hope they do not read this.

Just in case... Hey Buddy!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT