ADVERTISEMENT

Manatee Guys

Lets just say that there is more to coaching than just X and O's!

peezy28, I really can't comment on it. I will say this, that one of the coaches let go I wish it wouldn't have happened to! Like all head coaches they have the right to evaluate their staff and make the changes that's best for the program. Popular or not it happens on all levels. None of us know what goes on behind the scenes. I will just continue to support the program and hope everything works out for all.

twc2499 you really ought to be the last one to weigh in on this, in as far as offering an objective opinion or comment. Since its the person that your related to that also provides you with most of your inside info that was elevated to the interim DC position. Booth did probably the right thing last year in retaining the bulk of the coaching staff, to help maintain some sense of continuity due to his hire coming so during the summer. Its Booth's team now and I for one wasn't really all that surprised he elected to do this now. Obviously there is probably alittle behind the scene stuff/situation going on here, that both parties see as best kept that way...............and should be. Best of luck to coach Phelan!

So twc2499 is Booth's plan to go a more traditional 4-3 or possibly even a 3-4 defense next season? You're related to the interim DC surely he's shared that much with you?????

Go Canes Go!

Go Canes Go!

"The Hurricanes went to the state final four last season despite Phelan overseeing a young patchwork defense that was, at times, forced to compensate for an offense that had its struggles."

That's true, but for a lot of years that was reversed; Manatee's high powered offense compensated for the Defense.

Originally posted by twc2499:
peezy28, I really can't comment on it. I will say this, that one of the coaches let go I wish it wouldn't have happened to! Like all head coaches they have the right to evaluate their staff and make the changes that's best for the program. Popular or not it happens on all levels. None of us know what goes on behind the scenes. I will just continue to support the program and hope everything works out for all.
I guess y'all saw it coming if the 2 weren't even talking to each other during the season.

Since I am not beholden to the Manatee program I am going to go ahead and post this what I got from a former teammate of Booth so take it for what its worth but still its what is being said

""Bottom line is Phelan is a shady individual and continued to run his mouth to the wrong people and it got back to Booth. Phelan knows football. But Phelan is not a team guy. He did EVERYTHING in his power to undermine DeCristofaro and now did the exact same thing to Booth. Booth men fired Phelan. Something the "Great" Joe Kinnan never had the guts to do. Trust me, coming from someone who played with both Booth brothers, played for Kinnan and for DeCristofaro this was a great move. I applaud you Booth! Great decision!"[/I] - former booth teammate"

Good to know that there are more individuals out there than just me that aren't drinking the Kool-Aid thats been pushed by some Manatee faithful in the past. It's Booth's team and program now, while not close enough to the program to concur with what this person expressed to you peezy, it doesn't surprize me either as to the potential accuracy of what this individual is now saying.

Go Canes Go!

Originally posted by peezy28:
Since I am not beholden to the Manatee program I am going to go ahead and post this what I got from a former teammate of Booth so take it for what its worth but still its what is being said

""Bottom line is Phelan is a shady individual and continued to run his mouth to the wrong people and it got back to Booth. Phelan knows football. But Phelan is not a team guy. He did EVERYTHING in his power to undermine DeCristofaro and now did the exact same thing to Booth. Booth men fired Phelan. Something the "Great" Joe Kinnan never had the guts to do. Trust me, coming from someone who played with both Booth brothers, played for Kinnan and for DeCristofaro this was a great move. I applaud you Booth! Great decision!"[/I] - former booth teammate"
I love when people make a bold statement or quote someone but won't "man/woman" up and attach their name to it.

Let's be honest here for a minute. Everyone has/had their own opinions about how Joe ran the program and who he kept on his staff and Booth will do the same. Football had become more political than ever and it will always be that way.

Coming from part of the Manatee Family, I hope it all works out and watch for another program in Manatee County come up very soon. Too many roots here for these coaches not to turn up within the County.

Originally posted by fla331boy:

I love when people make a bold statement or quote someone but won't "man/woman" up and attach their name to it.
It was written as a comment on this article...

http://www.bradenton.com/2015/01/21/5594614/prep-football-manatee-defensive.html

Regardless of the circumstances if your not speaking to your head coach for half the season you have to know that your on your way out... Be the best Indian that you can be until it's your turn to be the Chief...

Originally posted by MustangMom:
Originally posted by fla331boy:

It was written as a comment on this article...
Exactly... I wasn't saying it was MY quote or I even knew the person just was reposting what was being posted... If you want me to put my name to it that is not a problem they all know me on here anyone and no one in ole Manatee scares me LOL

This post was edited on 2/9 11:16 AM by peezy28

I know the man that made the comment that peezy quoted. He's always been someone who calls it like he sees it. He is a coach now and understands how working on a staff goes and is as loyal as anyone I've ever dealt with. I played with him and the Booth brothers. I've heard many things regarding this situation. The bottom line is that Coach Booth is doing what he feels is right. I have faith in his abilities to lead a program and am excited to see where he can take ours.

Jking83 Thanks bro. Guys I have nothing to hide. I am the one who said it. I am an 02' MHS graduate. i wont say my actual name but my nickname was a certain table seasoning. Look closely. I mean just look at the situation and how it mirrors what happened to Coach D. It is sad because Booth is a "Manatee Guy" and these guys still wanted to undermine. All that does is kill the kids much like it did my SR when we were the best team in FLA but flamed out in the 2nd Rd. You cant run your mouth about the headcoach and not expect it to get back to him. Manatee has the right guy and I for one am excited about the future. Question is whit these guys in the building, who will Booth have to choose from?

Originally posted by ManateeNole44:

Jking83 Thanks bro. Guys I have nothing to hide. I am the one who said it. I am an 02' MHS graduate. i wont say my actual name but my nickname was a certain table seasoning. Look closely. I mean just look at the situation and how it mirrors what happened to Coach D. It is sad because Booth is a "Manatee Guy" and these guys still wanted to undermine. All that does is kill the kids much like it did my SR when we were the best team in FLA but flamed out in the 2nd Rd. You cant run your mouth about the headcoach and not expect it to get back to him. Manatee has the right guy and I for one am excited about the future. Question is whit these guys in the building, who will Booth have to choose from?
You were a senior in 2002?

Yes. I was a Sr. in 2002. I played on Kinnans last team before he retired the first time and Howie's first team at MHS. And I stick by everything I said.

How did those guys undermine him? Can you give Specifics? They made it to the final 4, seems like a pretty good year

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT