ADVERTISEMENT

Manatee Football

Keepingitrealinsrq

Oct 16, 2014
We will see how Booth and new AD handle this one.
http://m.heraldtribune.com/fullstory.aspx?feed=http://heraldtribune.s3.amazonaws.com/MobileFeeds/topNews.xml&section=topNews&link=http://www.heraldtribune.com/article/20150320/article/150329961

What's to handle? Between the admission of involvement and the video that was provided to law enforcement, seems to me that based on how last years situation was handled..............Manatee will be minus a safety, tailback and defensive end (all starters last year) going into spring practice.

Go Canes Go!

So the second of the three boys was arrested over the weekend, and will probably end up at least temporarily getting suspended from the football team, per school district policy.

On the comments of the Bradenton Herald article about this latest development, someone wrote this:

"Sad that they possibly did this...if any of you are reading this, it's not
over just yet! You won't be playing at Manatee next year, but there is
another, much better option, IMG Academy! They would love to have one of
the best offensive and defensive stars in the state."

Really? Alright kids, you did something bad enough to have what you love taken away from you for a while, but don't worry! You can go somewhere else to school, do what you want and play anyway!

How about letting them take a temporary suspension, have them learn that in the real world there are consequences to their actions, and then bring them back in the fold to help them grow into responsible young men? Unbelievable.

This post was edited on 3/23 8:13 AM by MustangMom

http://www.bradenton.com/2015/03/22/5705534_second-of-three-manatee-high-star.html?rh=1

This is very clearly a manatee fan stirring it up. No way someone with a record gets into IMG

"This is very clearly a manatee fan stirring it up. No way someone with a record gets into IMG[/B]"

HAHA! It's cute that you think that way... when in reality it only depends on how GOOD they are!

This post was edited on 3/23 11:45 AM by Hokie Hey

"On Tuesday, detectives went to Lang's home, where he confessed in front of his mother that on March 8, he and Mitchell 'did it, just one burglary that day,' according to his arrest report. He also admitted to having gone to the other residence on Jan. 30 with Mitchell and Jackson to burglarize it."

Read more here: http://www.bradenton.com/2015/03/22/5705534_second-of-three-manatee-high-star.html?rh=1#storylink=cpy
Why every body getting all excited and bad-talkin these kids? It ain't like they outta control. They was restricktin themselfs to one B&E a day. You gonna throw em outta school an off the team for just one a day???

Gotta be another Manatee witchhunt!

No witch hunt. These guys should be suspended indefinitely. There should be some very harsh standards for them to earn their way back. This type of behavior is unacceptable.

I'm confident that the coaching staff will handle it appropriately, after the judicial system works it out. I just hope these kids learn from this.

Agreed, a sad story for the kids, Coaches, the Team and the community... Sorry to hear I hope they can recover from this.

Manatee AD said it well!

"When a legal resolution has been reached the future status of the players in question will be evaluated at that time. We take great pride in our programs both on the field and off and know the importance of helping shape the lives and futures of our student athletes"[/I]

"It is also important to realize that we are dealing with young people and even when they make mistakes, we are committed to, and feel obligated as educators, to help them grow as people and learn from those mistakes regardless of their future on the field"[/I]

It is very sad that these kids end up making poor decisions that could cost them their futures! Hopefully they can learn from this and still be able to reach their dreams! It's what they take from this, that will determine their futures!

Manatee Magic, it sure seems like the situation (big picture wise) is in a down ward spiral, doesn't it?
While this article doesn't state Mallol took this matter up with Booth, before handing in his resignation. (Something you would have thought an assistant would have normally done, before ultimately deciding to resign.) This to me points to a assistant coach already in a mindset of discontent, and this one incident just turns out to be the reason he needed to resign. Not taking it up with Booth 1st however is troubling! TWC249 I'll wait for the spin response?

Go Canes Go!

Manatee assistant Hank Mallol resigns after report

It is a very troubling time right now at Manatee. One of the issues is that coach Booth still has several ex-coaches still on staff as teachers. Some of those coaches and I mean some, would love to see Booth fail!

I personally feel that a house cleaning should be done! I don't believe coach Booth can be successful as long as these individuals are still around the program. It is really sad when none of these individuals are thinking of the kids they are effecting!
They are the ones that have to deal with the aftermath! These are the same kids they took into battle on Friday night! So sad!!

I do believe in the end things will workout and Manatee will be able to move on! All I can say is please don't judge off of what you have read or heard until the true facts come out!

Go Canes!

Originally posted by twc2499:
It is a very troubling time right now at Manatee. One of the issues is that coach Booth still has several ex-coaches still on staff as teachers. Some of those coaches and I mean some, would love to see Booth fail!

I personally feel that a house cleaning should be done! I don't believe coach Booth can be successful as long as these individuals are still around the program. It is really sad when none of these individuals are thinking of the kids they are effecting!
They are the ones that have to deal with the aftermath! These are the same kids they took into battle on Friday night! So sad!!

I do believe in the end things will workout and Manatee will be able to move on! All I can say is please don't judge off of what you have read or heard until the true facts come out!

Go Canes!
Part of the problem is we have never heard anything anyone can stand up to say "these are the true facts"... Its ALL been hearsay so that is what they are going to be judged on.

Originally posted by twc2499:

Go Canes!
That's been the anthem for quite awhile. I understand what you're saying about old Kennan hold outs who want the new guy to fail, shame on them, also that they don't see this is part of their legacy too and there's been an awful lot of trouble in the progam from both coaches and players recently.

TWC249: So my understanding is that on or around March 11th of this year, coach Mallol announces he'll no longer be the HBC for the Manatee JV team and instead become an assistant on the Manatee Varsity team. Then within 2 weeks of this promotion he's resigning, and doesn't even bother taking the matter up with coach Booth before handing in his resignation? Of course I can see where he didn't want any part of next year's JV team, as unless there is some huge infusion of talent the JV team looks to be terrible next year. So that leaves us with 2 weeks as an varsity assistant and he's gone completely now, supposedly over a missent text over a matter that Mallol (a former law enforcement detective) knew nothing of beyond that missent text he received? Yeah I'd day there's potentially a whole lot more going on behind the scene, that the ole mullet wrapper isn't reporting?

Things have always gone on behind the scene even during Joe's days as HBC, but those things seemed to always be among the players. (examples: pot smoking before games, players getting caught having sex on campus during school hours, players physically fighting with assistant coaches etc.......).Winning cures everything and Booth was able to do well without a QB last season...............yeah the staff was pretty much all Joe's. Some credit however has to go to coach Booth and his brother to be able improvise on offense and find a way to get the team eventually to the semi-finals. Going to be an interesting year next year, for sure.

Go Canes Go!

I like Booth but I think Palmetto is going to be the powerhouse of manatee county within the next couple years. It's hard to replace a legend like Kinnan.

Reactions: tampa1
I agree with 941, Palmetto will gets it shot to take back Manatee County this year.

AJ has to develop and develop fast and can't do what he did in GA last year. Hopefully that was all the learning he needed as this team is not as talented as years past.

I hope they squeak out a win at Hoover but I see this getting ugly.

Palmetto can't really take Manatee back because they have never really had it but they should be good this year.

I'll say this- it's a sad scenario. Issues like this involving kids should stay off the board in my opinion, but that's just me. Hopefully these kids learn.

I'll tell you something, breaking and entering never enters most kids minds. Hopefully they are not in situations where people around them (in their neighborhood or social circle) have a negative impact... That's the case too often.

Either way I hope these kids learn, bottom line. I would hate to see this end a career but hey, decisions have impacts on your life. I think it would be appropriate, given circumstances I do not know of, that these kids learn their lesson through community service or counseling and are able to compete in a game or two in the fall. However, I do believe this merits a strong suspension (maybe half a season) and it will undoubtedly cripple the recruiting process for these kids.

Again, I hooe they learn. This should never be about the program. I don't give a damn if it was Manatee or Key West... It's about teaching the kids that athletics can be a positive gateway and that this behavior is completely unacceptable.

I'll say this- it's a sad scenario. Issues like this involving kids should stay off the board in my opinion, but that's just me. Hopefully these kids learn.

I'll tell you something, breaking and entering never enters most kids minds. Hopefully they are not in situations where people around them (in their neighborhood or social circle) have a negative impact... That's the case too often.

Either way I hope these kids learn, bottom line. I would hate to see this end a career but hey, decisions have impacts on your life. I think it would be appropriate, given circumstances I do not know of, that these kids learn their lesson through community service or counseling and are able to compete in a game or two in the fall. However, I do believe this merits a strong suspension (maybe half a season) and it will undoubtedly cripple the recruiting process for these kids.

Again, I hooe they learn. This should never be about the program. I don't give a damn if it was Manatee or Key West... It's about teaching the kids that athletics can be a positive gateway and that this behavior is completely unacceptable.

probably because white people suck at football. David Duke called and wants his hood back
You have dodged the question about accountability !!! David Duke was never mentioned...You mentioned his name to duck out of an obvious fact..

you asked why are the violators always black? I answered your question. White people suck at football that's why it's always black people arrested. I didn't see a question about accountability but if you wan't I can answer that one too right after you take your hood off.

Why did race get brought into this thread? Take that nonsense somewhere else.
Because almost every report of crime in football is committed by blacks.. I just asked why whites don't?? The response was comical about David Duke wanting his hat back and as suspected, ducked the question.. This is also about football as well as it's players.

Why is every crime in hockey committed by white people?
Again, your ducking my question by using a benign comparison that in no way compares to the plethora of black football players who commit crimes..

Isn't there something you could be posting about the great DBP football team "past or present" on one of the national boards Drummer61?

Go Canes Go!

Last edited:
Reactions: fla331boy
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT