ADVERTISEMENT

Manatee adds Lakeland to Spring game

twc2499

Oct 28, 2006
Manatee will add Lakeland to their Spring Game with Venice on Thursday, May 21st. Manatee will play Venice in the first half followed by Venice playing Lakeland in the second half. The final half will have Manatee playing Lakeland. It all starts at 7pm in Bradenton.

The good thing is that we're getting 6 quarters of football instead of 4. It should be a pretty good gate with all 3 of those teams.

Lake Wales is looking for another opponent because Lakeland wanted to play a different type of spring game than Lake Wales wanted to. Lakeland wanted to play a full game with kickers and the Athletic Director from Lake Wales said they weren't ready for that. Lake Wales wanted to play reserves and Lakeland wanted to play to win.

Last edited:
Who are the big recruits in this jamboree?

2 of Manatee’s biggest recruits will not be participating in spring festivities at Hawkins Stadium, Manatee however has one other D-1 recruit “TravonRumph” # 8 a defensive back & he will be on the field. Kevious Price WR – (ran anchor for Manatee’s state title 4x100 team), is rather small but will no doubt go into his senior season looking to open some eyes among D-1 schools.Couple of Manatee Defensive players Malik Mills #64 and DE John Mackey #55 have some talent and were starters last year have some potential to play at the next level as well.

I’m interested in Venice’s defensive lineman #55, he has D-1 size and has the ability to be total disruption to any opponent's run game. I thought last year his pass rush however paled in comparison to what he could do against the run. If he can bring his game up against the pass, I like this young man an awful lot at the next level!

Sure there will be others but those are the ones that come immediately to mind for me.

Go Canes Go!

Last edited:
Manatee beat Venice 17-0.
Venice beat Lakeland 10-7
Lakeland beat Manatee 28-21

Typical spring games! Lots of excitement and plenty room for improvement!
All three teams are going to be good!

Lot of good video clips were posted from the Spring game last Thrusday, from the Manatee High football page on Max Preps. Haven't figured out how to provide a link so you'll have to search out for yourself........sorry.

Go Canes Go!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT