ADVERTISEMENT

Mainland 41 Matanzas 0

I don't recall anyone being knocked out, off the top of my head but possible, I can say that the mainland defense was a very daunting one both years we played. The first we let a hard fought victory slip between our fingers, and last year we made a push late but that MLB made a great play on a pass across the middle and returned it to put the lead out of reach.
Both years you guys gave Mainland all they could handle. We were lucky to win both.

from what he tells me about his son. he is 10* better than he was in high school. and my homie was that deal in high school. that's what made me start following the sharks. I had to see if he was better than his dad. he isn't taller but he is bigger than D was in high school. that kid is a freaking statue

when the safety came down on him and he dropped him like a sack of potatoes. even the mainland coaches will tell you about how hard dpat son brings that wood.

Would make sense I don't recall, I was the o-line coach was probably yelling at some fat kids when it happened.

you both should be worried about the two Indian river schools .8a Vero Beach and 6a Sebastian river.

Sebastian River is a good team and Mainland thrives on facing good teams. To say that Mainland should be worried, I don't think so. Pettis has always put up a good fight against Mainland but with a team that can't score points it will be tough to beat Mainland. Mainland is going to score points regardless. You talk about D-I kids, Mainland has D-1 kids also that have just not been offered yet, if you all meet you will see what I'm talking about. Sebastian River should be worried about beating Deltona first, I think Deltona could give them problems with their aggressive defense and their big wide receivers that can go get the ball.

Deltona? That back yard ass game plan. I'm from volusia county now. Don't get it twisted

Yeah right. You weren't coaching. I asked him about that. He said the game was stopped for about 45 min plus evac had to come on the field. How could you forget that

I have never in my life had to had a medical evac for any kid on my team. Are you sure you know which FPC he's talking about?? I coached at Fort Pierce Central. You sure you don't mean Flagler palm coast? I'm sure your buddy's boy is good, but he didn't knock any Cobras out of the game that night. The mainland buc I remember most from that night was Kevin Mccrary. What a player. FAU got a steal with him.

I have never in my life had to had a medical evac for any kid on my team. Are you sure you know which FPC he's talking about?? I coached at Fort Pierce Central. You sure you don't mean Flagler palm coast? I'm sure your buddy's boy is good, but he didn't knock any Cobras out of the game that night. The mainland buc I remember most from that night was Kevin Mccrary. What a player. FAU got a steal with him.[/QUOyeah. that's who im talking about. flagler

Sebastian River is a good team and Mainland thrives on facing good teams. To say that Mainland should be worried, I don't think so. Pettis has always put up a good fight against Mainland but with a team that can't score points it will be tough to beat Mainland. Mainland is going to score points regardless. You talk about D-I kids, Mainland has D-1 kids also that have just not been offered yet, if you all meet you will see what I'm talking about. Sebastian River should be worried about beating Deltona first, I think Deltona could give them problems with their aggressive defense and their big wide receivers that can go get the ball.
Sebastian river just got another kid on the D who just picked up an offer. Minnesota golden gophers. 8-11 kids on that D with D1 offers. that ain't no private school. that is a blessing

I have never in my life had to had a medical evac for any kid on my team. Are you sure you know which FPC he's talking about?? I coached at Fort Pierce Central. You sure you don't mean Flagler palm coast? I'm sure your buddy's boy is good, but he didn't knock any Cobras out of the game that night. The mainland buc I remember most from that night was Kevin Mccrary. What a player. FAU got a steal with him.
Sorry about that. Should of caught the mix up on the real FPC. DM was in the 7 & 8th grade when we played Fort Pierce Central. He hurt a Palm Coast kid last year as a 9th grade freshman. No way are the two FPC's equal.

hey Boce, have you seen Sebastian play in person?

Caught half of John Carroll and half of Jensen. Really like the defense but they don't do enough on O. Our old head coach did a pregame speech for them told me same. Was very impressed with defensive personnel but was left unimpressed with O. The definitely have a shot but can't score on subpar opponents. My concern is they play a team with a good d and o that scores just.a couple times and they can't keep up. Although if the defense can keep contributing a couple scores then they will be very competitive.

Caught half of John Carroll and half of Jensen. Really like the defense but they don't do enough on O. Our old head coach did a pregame speech for them told me same. Was very impressed with defensive personnel but was left unimpressed with O. The definitely have a shot but can't score on subpar opponents. My concern is they play a team with a good d and o that scores just.a couple times and they can't keep up. Although if the defense can keep contributing a couple scores then they will be very competitive.
nobody will play them with 11 in the box anymore from what I seen Friday night. that win T works when the D has to sit in your base D.

during the off season as a freshman DB was training with mike gillislee 3 days a week after spring and summer workouts.

nobody will play them with 11 in the box anymore from what I seen Friday night. that win T works when the D has to sit in your base D.
I hope you're right don't get me wrong. I've just been apart of treasure coast football for a long time and every time we think we have a legit team some state power proves us wrong. May be the bigger source of my skepticism. I played on the '03 centennial team. We had nearly 3 thousand yard rushers out of a wing t. 4 SEC defensive players. Ranked third in the state. Lost in overtime in the second round to a less talented Merritt island. So like I said I really do want well for SR but my logical side tells me to be wary.

Sorry about that. Should of caught the mix up on the real FPC. DM was in the 7 & 8th grade when we played Fort Pierce Central. He hurt a Palm Coast kid last year as a 9th grade freshman. No way are the two FPC's equal.
Dan you seen him knock the crap out a kid last year no matter who they played? he was all ways the loudest player on the field threw pad contact. I was with his dad at every game. so I know you seen it dan

I hope you're right don't get me wrong. I've just been apart of treasure coast football for a long time and every time we think we have a legit team some state power proves us wrong. May be the bigger source of my skepticism. I played on the '03 centennial team. We had nearly 3 thousand yard rushers out of a wing t. 4 SEC defensive players. Ranked third in the state. Lost in overtime in the second round to a less talented Merritt island. So like I said I really do want well for SR but my logical side tells me to be wary.
hey coach when you watch the game does it seem like everybody on that D is just bigger and faster than everyone? them kids hit like men

hey coach when you watch the game does it seem like everybody on that D is just bigger and faster than everyone? them kids hit like men

Absolutely faster. Very fast very aggressive. Jarez has an impressive frame. DBs are long and lean. Could use a little beef in the interior but Ron freeman plays with great intensity. Really looking forward to the vero game to see them against a good balanced offense. That will speak volumes I know they held them tight and almost pulled it out last year. Hoping they can pull it out this year

Absolutely faster. Very fast very aggressive. Jarez has an impressive frame. DBs are long and lean. Could use a little beef in the interior but Ron freeman plays with great intensity. Really looking forward to the vero game to see them against a good balanced offense. That will speak volumes I know they held them tight and almost pulled it out last year. Hoping they can pull it out this year
man its going to be a very hard hitting game.

during the off season as a freshman DB was training with mike gillislee 3 days a week after spring and summer workouts.
My bad, DB not DM. Truth, he is a special young man. I thought he did more punishment as a RB then an inside LB. Saw him pound a few guys. Unlike a lot of young guys his father is looking out for his son's best interest. Wish it would have worked out at Mainland. He would have been the man in '17 and '18. Oh well, Mainland reloads.... Best to him, his dad, and you.....Buc Forever

I don't recall anyone being knocked out, off the top of my head but possible, I can say that the mainland defense was a very daunting one both years we played. The first we let a hard fought victory slip between our fingers, and last year we made a push late but that MLB made a great play on a pass across the middle and returned it to put the lead out of reach.
kyle oliver is that lb who picked six that he plays for mississippi valley state now!!! both games were great ones hard fought

Bo we played against each other then, I played for Vero back in '03, I can vaguely recall remembering you guys having a great run game as we did too, ran variations of the Wing T and Power I Formations back then before Vero became a spread offense.

Bo we played against each other then, I played for Vero back in '03, I can vaguely recall remembering you guys having a great run game as we did too, ran variations of the Wing T and Power I Formations back then before Vero became a spread offense.

That's absolutely right. We were a heavy wing T team and threw very little. We escaped the Indian river citrus bowl that night in 03 with a triple overtime win. Unreal game.

They played a few decent teams but yeah a school like Matanzas has never been able to compete with Manatee.

Did Mainland play anybody with a pulse on defense this year? Sheesh!!!
Good question Zoe. The answer is no. That's why the cancelled Cocoa game was so disappointing. Mainland averaged 49 points a game this year, the highest in their 90+ year history. The offense has looked unstoppable against some really poor quality D's. It could also be said about the Mainland defense. They too are untested. But, and this is a big but, they are loaded with athletes. I've seen all the great Mainland teams. They "look" as good as those who came before. Time will tell. There's nowhere to hide in 6A south. Bring it on, I got the Bucs...Forever

Reactions: Zoe Boy
Good question Zoe. The answer is no. That's why the cancelled Cocoa game was so disappointing. Mainland averaged 49 points a game this year, the highest in their 90+ year history. The offense has looked unstoppable against some really poor quality D's. It could also be said about the Mainland defense. They too are untested. But, and this is a big but, they are loaded with athletes. I've seen all the great Mainland teams. They "look" as good as those who came before. Time will tell. There's nowhere to hide in 6A south. Bring it on, I got the Bucs...Forever
Dan don't say that.. We know how it turned out the past years .... Wish you guys was coming down here.. I only got to experience one game down here when y'all came down...

Dan don't say that.. We know how it turned out the past years .... Wish you guys was coming down here.. I only got to experience one game down here when y'all came down...
Well Zoe, different year hopefully a different result. By the third round, home or away means very little to athletic teams without fear or a lack of self confidence. The best team, with the best athletes, usually wins if the game is called fairly.

Reactions: Zoe Boy
Well Zoe, different year hopefully a different result. By the third round, home or away means very little to athletic teams without fear or a lack of self confidence. The best team, with the best athletes, usually wins if the game is called fairly.
I hear you there brother

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT