ADVERTISEMENT

Jax Trinity Christian

The coach thinks very lowly of this new group. Might be coach speak.

I hope American Heritage Delray can get some revenge.

That's my favorite 3A team.

American Heritage better get the job done this year and recruit their asses off this off-season, because CCC's 2016 team is looking amazing.

As for this year, JaxTCA's offense should see them through the season, even if the defense takes a step back. Heritage has Devin Singletary, Alec Sincfield and DJ Davis, so they have a lot of starpower. Oxbridge Academy is looking solid as well.

This post was edited on 4/16 11:52 AM by SPCjessica2004

TCA lost a lot of valuable players that were very good at their positions as well as being very good athletes. This years team may have very good athletes but wont match the skill level of the past graduating class. Rebuilding year for TCA but still with very capable athletes. It will take some time for them to play as a group and gain their identity.

Fan74: I think you are right on with your assessment of JaxTC. They are simply loaded with athletes and have the potential to be very good again. They may not have skill level of last year on the defensive side of the ball, but they will still be tough in the 3A classification. It may take some time for this edition of TCJax to gel in the course of the season, but I wouldn't be too quick to count them out to make a deep run again in the playoffs.

Fan74: I think you are right on with your assessment of JaxTC. They are simply loaded with athletes and have the potential to be very good again. They may not have skill level of last year on the defensive side of the ball, but they will still be tough in the 3A classification. It may take some time for this edition of TCJax to gel in the course of the season, but I wouldn't be too quick to count them out to make a deep run again in the playoffs.

Not counting them out but think the road will be a lot tougher this year. It will be fun to watch the young men play. Hopefully we can get off to a faster start this year. I think OTC may have some of the same issues this year with graduation so it should be fun.

Yup. OTC is in the same boat as JaxTC. Lost a bundle to graduation and a couple to transfers. Our defense will probably be about the same as last season even after losing 3 of the best defensive guys I've ever seen OTC have. Our problem will be on offense. We'll have an experienced QB, who is as good as Noah Schaffer was, but that may be where the brightness ends. Lost our WR corp and most of our RBs. However, the OL is still pretty much intact. Of course we have a new HC and probably some new assistants. I guess we will see where we are in the first game 8/28 at home against JaxTC. I am sure it will not be like the superb game we had with them in the 2nd round of the playoffs.

Yup. OTC is in the same boat as JaxTC. Lost a bundle to graduation and a couple to transfers. Our defense will probably be about the same as last season even after losing 3 of the best defensive guys I've ever seen OTC have. Our problem will be on offense. We'll have an experienced QB, who is as good as Noah Schaffer was, but that may be where the brightness ends. Lost our WR corp and most of our RBs. However, the OL is still pretty much intact. Of course we have a new HC and probably some new assistants. I guess we will see where we are in the first game 8/28 at home against JaxTC. I am sure it will not be like the superb game we had with them in the 2nd round of the playoffs.

That was a great game last year in the play offs. Two good defenses last year for both. You guys might have the upper hand this year on D. TCA usually gets off to a slow start in the early part of the season but they get it together around play off time. Should get a lot of questions answered early this year.

That was a great game last year in the play offs. Two good defenses last year for both. You guys might have the upper hand this year on D. TCA usually gets off to a slow start in the early part of the season but they get it together around play off time. Should get a lot of questions answered early this year.

Looking at OTC's roster I only recognize a few players. Most of the names I have never heard of. Possibly they are up from the JV. Maybe new students for the fall. Since we have a new HC there may be a lot of additional changes before the team shakes out in the fall. Brantley had his own ideas on how his offense should work and Wentworth had his own ideas on how the defense should work. Both are now gone. What the first game of the season will look like is anybody's guess. I am going to try to get out to the practice field later this week and maybe talk with some of the folks who are closer to the team.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT