ADVERTISEMENT

FHSAA

Shocking a person from lakeland doesn't like the FHSAA... seriously how long are the people of lakeland/polk county going to be butt hurt about the FHSAA...

Look we all have ways in which we want to improve the FHSAA, but the FHSAA is really a model compared to other states. Seriously, have they talked to people in other states about how their systems are. The playoff system is simple to understand. The district tournaments/meets allow for an all-comers approach.

Many of the problems that fans have is with "recruiting," which nobody will admit their own school does, but only the other schools, which the state legislature thinks is perfectly ok. I mean think about the situation in Polk County, with Lake Wales High School. A school that fired its coach for basically recruiting international students and having them live in slums.

If you don't think issues like that will continue you are crazy.

People who talk about the horrible FHSAA have to understand, no organization (not your church, your union, your workplace, your relationship) is perfect.

Administrators/Coaches identify problems and then work to solve the problems within the framework of the FHSAA.
No not every decision is going to make 100% of the people happy, but all decisions should make most people while respecting the rights of others.

Notice where the legislative push is coming from. I'd lay odds that its a pandering legislator whose home district recently got sanctioned for recruiting or ineligible players. People just have NO concept of sport, just trophies.

Now we have a reason to keep Johnny in 8th grade an extra 3 years... just wait, 22 and playing high school football!

The only problem I had with the FHSAA is the additional business that they have in being a land corporation.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT