ADVERTISEMENT

Congrats Tarpon Marcus Hardison Bengals 4th round

Silver King

Nov 29, 2002
Punta Gorda
Great kid, played on my youngest's teams. No issues, hard worker and he played Juco ball on my old college field in Dodge City. Had a good solid two years at Arizona State - proud that he put himself into this position.

Washed out at Clemson - violated team rules then didn't show up for finals. His highlights were an 80 yd TD the first time he touched the ball in the NCAA, and a 60 yard TD the first time at JUCO. It was a sad waste of talent, but he had some other issues (needs) going on outside the typical things that prevent some great athletes from utilizing their talent that weren't all under his control, or much a staff could do about them. The kid was never arrested for anything and look how many kids who have arrest records still end up doing well. One thing for sure, Marcus won't have any such problems - he's a worker, coachable (They converted him from Q to DT in HS) and has things in great perspective.

Yeah it was fun watching Anthony Hargrove of your Alma Matter win that Super Bowl with the Saints - funny both started out as QBs. I got to watch my teammate Burton Lawless have some good years with the Cowboys (Being a Packer's and Jets fan, Dallas was a team I absolutely hated before he went there). He was the only rookie started in the SB against Pittsburgh. Then your John Hall had a heck of a career.

Yeah it was fun watching Anthony Hargrove of your Alma Matter win that Super Bowl with the Saints - funny both started out as QBs. I got to watch my teammate Burton Lawless have some good years with the Cowboys (Being a Packer's and Jets fan, Dallas was a team I absolutely hated before he went there). He was the only rookie started in the SB against Pittsburgh. Then your John Hall had a heck of a career.

Been lucky enough to have a couple. But it's small potatoes compared to other programs in the state. Hope they start to get a little more representation in the years to come.

Hardison played most of the first preseason game against the Giants last night lining up at DE on both sides, watched bits of the game on Red Zone. Had great penetration on a goal line, saw him make a tackle and he got lots of face time and a couple of mentions.

From SB Nation: "Rookie defensive tackle Marcus Hardison was anything but a defensive tackle. Hardison primarily played as a left defensive end, floating around the defense like an experienced veteran, attacking the line of scrimmage while also dropping into coverage; he easily lowered the boom on a scrambling quarterback in the open field."

Last edited:
Great kid, played on my youngest's teams. No issues, hard worker and he played Juco ball on my old college field in Dodge City. Had a good solid two years at Arizona State - proud that he put himself into this position.
Nice to hear about a "success story" every now and then. Keep us updated, SK

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT