ADVERTISEMENT

Blue 2 Dedications:

peezy28

Feb 25, 2003
This is still a big shock to me and i feel bad for putting it out there but i feel everyone should know cause he would have wanted us to know with so many friends on here

Our good Buddy and Pal Blue2 aka *buddy* passed away today due to complications from lung surgery. I recieved an email from his wife. If any of you know the family please be supporting in this time.

RIP BLUE2 you were much loved and will be missed very much. I only known him for about a year now but the man was like a second father/mentor to me . I could call him anytime just to talk and he always had an open heart My thoughts and prayers go out to his family.

I Love you BLUE
This post was edited on 9/23 11:51 PM by peezy28if(GetAdminCookie() != 0) {document.write(' (Revisions[/URL])');}
This post was edited on 9/23 11:56 PM by peezy28if(GetAdminCookie() != 0) {document.write(' (Revisions[/URL])');}
This post was edited on 9/25 8:33 AM by Michael Lif(GetAdminCookie() != 0) {document.write(' (Revisions[/URL])');}

Re: SAD NEWS: RIP BLUE

I am completely in shock.

I have never met the man but have ALWAYS been awed by his critical insight, his rational perspective and his true love for this game we play.

RIP, Blue, and may God bless the rest of your journey.

I have never met the man but have ALWAYS been awed by his critical insight, his rational perspective and his true love for this game we play.

Blue, we spent years discussing the Pimpmobile and lots of Slap-esque things. R.I.P. brother and condolences to the family.

Blue, we spent years discussing the Pimpmobile and lots of Slap-esque things. R.I.P. brother and condolences to the family.

Fellas, I feel the same way. He added so much to this board and I think he touched all of on here with his opinions, knowledge and love for the game.

And heck, I just talked to him on wednesday about the whole West coast official story, and oh yeah, he had the scoop on that too!

He will be missed by me, us, everyone that ever came in contact with him.

He loved his Dragons, but he followed all of us and always wished us the best of luck.

Prayers out to his and his family.

Blue, ride that Pimpmobile in the sky brother, and I know you will.

We loved you and still do!

I have a feeling, somehow or another, he will still get on here to check this board! Cause I know he will try!

Buddy... I don't know what to say to you, my brother.... Maybe if Matt Glavich had shaved those golds from his grill back in the day...

Nah, bro, you and I are too tight for that...

Cam was blessed for a father, Buddy. You did him right... Rest in peace, Buddy...

That is VERY SAD news. I am so sorry to hear that he has passed away. I never met him, but I enjoyed his posts. He seemed like a terrific guy and he will be greatly missed.

WOW..I had no clue. I was actually supposed to meet him for lunch in Tampa when CCC traveled to SPC in two weeks. Buddy was a great guy, who I never had the oppertunity to meet, but we chatted ALL the time throughout my time at USF. Heck, he's the one who helped me decide on going to USF. This is a very sad day for myself.. I want to wish his family the best during this tough time.

He will be missed on these boards.

Blue's passing is very sad. I know he had been ill within the last year or so based on reading posts on here. But I thought he was okay now.

My only knowledge of Blue is through his posts on this board. But I think he posted often enough, on enough topics, to leave a good picture of the kind of person he was.

He certainly seemed to love this game and accordingly was very knowledgabe of it. But more important, were his obvious humane qualities. I think this community has lost a great contributor.

My sincere condolances to his family and all his personal friends.

He told us about his illness last year, but asked not to dwell on it on the board. Whenever he didnt post for a week, Wave would call him to see if he was OK. I think he just posted a funny comment towards me to a thread Wednesday. This will be a sad place for a very long time.

I just received a phone mail from WaveBB and I am so saddened by this news. I only had the opportunity to meet with him once, at last year's state championships and I don't have to tell anyone about the impression he left with me. I found out about his illness a while back and Wave would give me updates from time to time but this came as a shock. To all of the posters who were fortunate to know him well and to his family, please accept my heart felt sympathy. These boards will not be the same without him.

Interesting how the persona we project on here can be the basis for a relationship. I don't know him personally, but feel a significant loss just the same. I always saw him as honorable and loving the game for the right reasons, not the selfish kind. My condolences to all of you who had the blessing of knowing him outside of this virtual space.

I was lucky enough to meet Blue last spring, at the PCAC track and field meet. Sat with him, and Peezy and had such a great time. What a nice man, funny, intelligent and very interesting. I know I will miss seeing his posts on line. My sympathies to his family and friends......

Oh my god. I did not know. Buddy Rodgers was the finest man I ever met. Thank you for letting us know Peezy

there has been a post stuck to the top. I don't read the thumbtack post either.

Originally posted by Silver King :
He told us about his illness last year, but asked not to dwell on it on the board. Whenever he didnt post for a week, Wave would call him to see if he was OK. I think he just posted a funny comment towards me to a thread Wednesday. This will be a sad place for a very long time.

EXACTLY, Silver King. He would e-mail me, telling me he was laid up, but wanted no one to linger on it. He probably e-mailed me hooked up to an IV or something, stubborn old fart... We used to have an arrangement that he would go to one game and I would go to another, and we would call each other by the quarter and do updates...

God, I'll miss that dude.

Tip your cups, fellas: Schliltz Malt Liquor, down the hatch.... Drink one for Buddy - he'd have it no other way.

Chap, I didn't know it until he told me at Ruskin, got out of bed to go watch my youngest play in a Pop Warner bowl last year in Tampa that I couldn't make. I posted on here asking if he had any of his youth league teams playing that day and he told me no, and that he'd go. He was wearing his son;t college jacket and my son thought he was a college coach - we got a laugh out of that. My son told me he spent time talking to him about how goof he'd played and asking about others on the team. The guy had never met me personally at the time, what else can you say. At noon I'll be at the grocers for the Schlitz for a toast to T"he Board Guru" bro.

I never met Blue2 either and now really wish I had gone to Ruskin in June. He was a vital part of this message board and it will not be the same without him. Our prayers are with his family.

You know he'll looking down at all us and having a good chuckle. Now he knows more about football and the after-life than we do!

My God, I had no idea. I just wanted to say that he was one of the finest people I had the pleasure of knowing. He was one of the first people to post a positive statement about me back in "03 when I stepped down from my post at Tampa Freedom. He even got my phone number (and until this day, I still don't know how he got it) and called me to tell me how sorry he was for the kids and how he knew that I'd rebound from the experience. I needed those words then because I was pretty sad about stepping down. He cared DEEPLY about our game that we coach, and I just hope that we all picked up something that we could use in our own lives from his humility. God Bless.

Buddy and I had become pretty good friends, sharing e-mails about his condition and his options. He was a very nice man and he loved Florida high school football. My prayers go out to his family. Rest in peace, my friend.

My mom should be goin over to the house 2day and finding out ne more details i will keep yall posted on ne info that i recieve

I assume by details you mean for the funeral arrangements.

Buddy Rodgers died from complications in surgery for a lung transplant.

If you get details on funeral arrangements please post them. I know many who are interested.

thanks

got the call

last night from Wavebb. Thanks for letting me know.

Blue2 - you will be missed.

Re: got the call

Buddy was the kind of man that makes me want to be a better person. I was Lucky to know Buddy and so fortunate that we continued our weekly conversations years after Cameron graduated at Jefferson. When we talked wednesday he had a softer voice but I never expected this. He will be truly missed.

Dragon fan, I know this is particularly tough on you personally,the staff and the community. Hang in there and let them know that Buddy was beloved by the football community state-wide. Hug his kids for us, remind them how very proud he was of them.

I know this is very generic and I am echoing the sentiments of many on here. I have been reading this board for a long time, and I always respected what Blue had to say. After reading about all of the lives he touched, he is a great example of what a "gentleman of the game" is all about. Giving and taking jabs, being a mentor to young people, all of it is how we shoud aspire to be. I know he will be missed, by all who knew him personally, and all who knew him by his posts. Rest in peace, and enjoy the view of all the games you want.

Posters come and go on the message board, but Blue2 was always around. Never met the man but I feel like I just lost a relative. I can remember when I made my first post ever, something like 6 or 7 years ago, under a different user name. Blue was one of the first replys.

Never met Blue but I always read his post. A true Blue fan of high School football. He will be missed.

I never met Blue either but have read many, many of his posts. He was a true lover of the game, you can tell from all his posts..

Wow! I am at a loss.
The first time I met Blue he drove down with JesuitDad to a hooters to meet some of the Tarpon gang and some folks from Ft Myers. Then we spent some time shooting the bull after the Jefferson state semi game a couple of years ago. Class act! Always treated me and mine like we were his family! Got to spend a couple of evenings down at Fla Atl U talking to his son during a recruiting trip. Good kid!
Rest in peace Blue! You will be missed!

There is a nice article in the tribune about Blue 2 (Buddy Rogers) today. It details his work with youth football. Sounds like he was a giving and caring person. God Bless.

Sad, sad news! I never met him, but enjoyed his posts. My prayers go out to his family. RIP brother!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT