ADVERTISEMENT

Anybody catch the Rock's new show Ballers last night?

Silver King

Nov 29, 2002
Punta Gorda
Looks interesting, HBO series staring Dwayne Johnson shot in Miami about NFL players, their contracts, relationships, issues (already addressing concussions) and oh yeah, a truck load of smoking hot chicks.

Had some nice Yacht shots reminding SK of the 80s and 90s when he had the four stripes on his shoulders and had to deal with the rich and famous in some of their most excessive instances (Thankfully SKs yacht didn't have a hot tub). Victor Cruz made an appearance last night and Shula and Csonka will be on plus they're using real NFL team names.

Always liked the Rock - hard working guy whose notched out a niche acting career. Nice seeing a guy from the U making it in a positive way.

I saw a preview but forgot to tune in. I also missed the Duck Dynasty family on Celebrity Family Feud. I was instead watching the Cardinals against Pittsburgh, hoping their losing streak would end. No such luck!

Reactions: Silver King
Ha Ha! I have to have it to watch Dennis Leary's new series on FX; Sex and Drugs and Rock and Roll. Freaking guy was hysterical on Rescue Me.

Ha Ha! I have to have it to watch Dennis Leary's new series on FX; Sex and Drugs and Rock and Roll. Freaking guy was hysterical on Rescue Me.
Saw the first one of those last week, and it's a great show. I also like Ballers, but it's not quite as good as I thought it would be. Right after that is The Brink, though, with Jack Black and Tim Robbins, which is absolutely hysterical. One thing about some of these new shows that are popping up is that the writing is phenomenal.

I'll have to check that out.

Finally saw the 3rd episode - Dan Le Batard and Jeremy Shocky and a few other Canes on - they're using the Dolphins new locker room for shoots. Ballers (Mark Whalberg producer) revolves aorund the Rock being a financial agent for one of the best D-linemen in the league. Some poeple suggest its the story of Warren Sapp who took the Rock's DE position in real life at the U.

Last edited:
My girlfriend, Ms. Demeanor, said, "Look here, in a few weeks, all you gonna be watching is football. We ain't about to be watching a show about football players NOT playing football. Now turn that
&@€£¥&$@ back to HGTV, before it gets ugly up in here."

Reactions: MustangMom
Its getting a little saucy - love the Yacht parties. Of course, when SK had to be the only sober cat aboard as the Captain, during a New Year's eve party behind some Sunset Island Millionaires home, looking after people's safety and trying to be sure the yacht survived it, he don't recall them being that fun or amusing.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT